Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seeking Advice on Compact Audio System for Korg PA4X 76 Keyb

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redfox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:18 am    Post subject: Seeking Advice on Compact Audio System for Korg PA4X 76 Keyb Reply with quote

Hello fellow forum members,

I hope this message finds you all in good spirits. I'm reaching out today to seek your expertise in setting up a compact audio system for my home studio. I have a Korg PA4X 76 keyboard that I use for both work and musical projects.

Recently, I've been collaborating with a friend on music, and our setup includes PA4X 76, guitar (sometimes) and my friend's vocal contributions. We're aiming to establish a small yet effective audio system that enhances our music without overwhelming the studio space.

Considering our needs, I am looking for recommendations on a suitable audio setup that includes two speakers and a subwoofer. It's important to note that we already have two LD MAUI 11G2 speakers that we use for outdoor performances, but they are too large for our studio.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you may have regarding brands and models that would complement our Korg keyboard and vocal setup. As we are working with a moderately sized space, finding the right balance between audio quality and space efficiency is crucial.

Furthermore, if you have any insights on how to integrate this audio setup seamlessly into a studio where work tasks and musical creativity coexist, I'm all ears. Your collective wisdom can truly help us create an inspiring environment for our musical endeavors.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and guidance. Your input means a lot to us as we strive to create a harmonious blend of work and artistry.

Warm regards,
Claudio
wpostma

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A conventional choice for studios with synths and performance keyboards, is to use studio monitors like the KRK ROKIT 6s, which are powered and which your PA4X can drive directly without a mixer in between.

A very low cost method is to use unbalanced powered speakers (less expensive than studio monitors, lower quality, and may have some noise because the cables are unbalanced). Using line level output jacks on your PA4X you can obtain cables which could be used to connect to any powered speakers including inexpensive PC speakers, down to any budget you care about.

To my thinking the PA4X is a very high quality keyboard and hooking a several thousand dollar keyboard to a $50 set of speakers is dumb. I use the KRK ROKIT 6 studio monitors, both as the main reference for my keyboards but also as the output from my audio interface. If you already have powered studio monitors and you simply want to output both your audio interface audio and your keyboards/synths to one audio output source, that's where a digital USB mixer is ideal; I have not one keyboard but 8 of them, and I want one set of powered monitors for all of them, so I use a 12 channel mixer to create my monitor mix.

If you want very high quality low end reproduction and your room can take it, then a set of powered monitors and a powered sub would be ideal, if you intend to also create mixes and work with a digital audio workstation.

Warren

Warren Canada
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ι also use two LD Maui11 G2 with ui16 mixer,and a pair of KRK Rootkit5 G3 at home.

Pa4x sounds really good on krk , but if you need a more powerfull and compact for indoors, in my opinion the option is to get a pair of 8 or 10 inch speakers like DBR,or ALTO TS ,i always prefer DBR 10 or 8 cause i think its' balance is way better than other speakers,while bigger ones DBR12 and 15 aren't that good.

Of course there are many other options too, but price is fair and DBR can't disappoint you in any way .

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: