Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting patch names in INS file export

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Porteous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: Getting patch names in INS file export Reply with quote

I am a new owner of a Kronos Titanium 61, and wanted to create a Cakewalk INS file for all the sounds that are installed (yes, I still use Cakewalk SONAR) The Kronos Editor software (v3.1) does enable me to export an INS instrument file, but the file does not actually contain the patch names - Just a number. All the banks are there, including the installed Italian piano (U-CC), but not the names. I wonder if anyone has used the Editor to successfully create an INS file for any synth that has the patch names included.

I have searched for an existing INS file for the Kronos, and can't find one. I sort of feel like I'm that guy still driving an AMC Pacer.... Embarassed
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Getting patch names in INS file export Reply with quote

Porteous wrote:
I a

I have searched for an existing INS file for the Kronos, and can't find one. I sort of feel like I'm that guy still driving an AMC Pacer.... Embarassed

The hardware seq I use for my originals is older than the Pacer Wink
alland
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For creating INS files you may want to try this
http://www.synthify.com/Kronos_SW_dev/index.html#PCG2INS
ChrisDuncan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting patch names in INS file export Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Porteous wrote:
I a

The hardware seq I use for my originals is older than the Pacer Wink

I once got my doors blown off racing my Chevelle against a guy with an AMC Pacer, which I mistakenly thought was laughable.

In fairness, I don't know how he managed to wedge an engine of that size into the thing. It's what's under the hood that counts!
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: