Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush or Kerry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you vote for?
Bush
27%
 27%  [ 9 ]
Kerry
54%
 54%  [ 18 ]
None of the above
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 33

jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You set up the poll. You throw a bone in the dog pound and act like it the dogs fault.

Here is something positive for you.....don't post anything religious or political (which is a religion to most folks) and the forum won't turn into a brawl. I have not commented anything about your intelligence or whether you are open minded or not. You however, seem very quick to judge me. Why would you assume that this post did not go my way? Where do I stand politically? Narrow-minded...me...really? How would you have a clue about my political views?

I am simply stating that this post (although is in the right section Riotnerd) is in the wrong forum. If I chose to promote racism in the Off Topic section, it does not make it something positive for this forum or others. Please cease and desist. I can't say this any nicer than this. I have no beef with you personally. I would like for us to keep it that way.
marcdeben

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, I saw this joke on the web last night and just couldn't resist.

A stranger was seated next to little Tommy on the plane, whenthe stranger turned to the boy and said, "let's talk, i've heard that flights will go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger."

Lillte Tommy, who had just opened his book, closed it slowly, and said to the stranger, "what would you like to discuss?"

Oh, I don't know," said the stranger, "how about politics? Should we keep Bush, or elect Kerry?"

"OK," said Little Tommy, "that could be an interesting topic. But let me ask you a question first. A horse,a cow and a deer all eat grass. The same stuff. Yet the deer excreates little pellets, while the cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?"

"Jeez," said the stranger. "I hove no idea."

"Well, then," said Little Tommy, How is it that you feel qualified to discuss who should run the country, when you don't know S**t?" Wink Laughing Laughing

Just thought it was perfect for us banana heads!

Hope this lightens up this thread.

Marc
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazlover, you would be blasted if you promoted racism and you know it.

To compare a racism topic to this poll is very inaccurate. You are really stretching to make a point.

And if you did post a racism topic here I would merely ignore you.

So if you don't agree with an off topic post, why waste time on it ?

We live in a free country where there is freedom of expression and freedom of speech. It is not your business to control Odinmoon and what topic he should create. The fact that you made such a big deal of that made a question of your motives.

Bush vs Kerry is a real world topic and many musicians are speaking out about this choice. Nothing wrong with seeing how IA members feel and would vote. Mission accomplished, good job, Terry.

Last edited by GregC on Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Odinmoon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gegc. I agree totally.

Its not the subject. Its how people handle it. 97% of people handled this topic very well. Only a minority Could not handle our opinions. I personally have gained a lot listening to what others think. And value their comments as long as they are not a personal insult. I don't know why someone would censor this subject. Unless they were frightened of the result? If I see a post on this forum that I don't like. I simply ignore it. Its not my right to censor people. Only true mature adults can discuss Religion Politics and so on. If we are afraid of these subjects because of controversy, then we are living a lie. And then how does one find out what the general population thinks. And shooting the messenger accomplishes nothing. I have found this poll to be very interesting. And again I say thanks to the people that had the guts to respond. Smile

regards Terry
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some validation in tonight's 1st debate.

Even Republican supporters( Bill Krystal, Mort Kondracke) admitted Kerry won the debate tonight and Bush did not do well. Kerry was the clear cut debate winner.

Bush looked befudddled,confused and unprepared. And ' terror ' is supposed to be his strength. It was obvious that he ran out of things to say 2/3 thru the debate. He kept on repeating the same comments.

Bush reminds me of a father taking the family for a Sunday drive in the car. He continues to get lost while driving but insists he needs no directions or any advice. Just trust him.
londonlad
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

Bush reminds me of a father taking the family for a Sunday drive in the car. He continues to get lost while driving but insists he needs no directions or any advice. Just trust him.

Great analogy Laughing

Looking forward to seeing a few of these debates, when is the next one?
londonlad
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got home from work and caught the 'juicy bits' on the news.

Gotta say, from what I saw I'd have to agree with you Greg, lots pf humming and harring, stuttering as his brain cogged into gear.

Bush looked especially flummoxed when Kerry caught him out on the 'Attacking the enemy' quote when refering to Iraq instead of Al-Queda.
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odinmoon wrote:
Thanks Gegc. I agree totally.

Its not the subject. Its how people handle it. 97% of people handled this topic very well. Only a minority Could not handle our opinions.

Living in Ireland and being somewhat informed about the history, I can tell that it takes only one family to destroy peace in an entire community. To me that does tell more about the 97% than the 3%.... Wink

As for a former question on how we think the USA should solve the terrorism problem.....

I think the question itself is pointing into the absolute wrong direction!

It is not the US who is in charge to police the world, however, unfortunately they do behave as if they are in charge as we know.

If they wish to be taken as serious on avoiding conflicts, instead of utilizing a politics that is long known as "strategy of tension", then may be it is time that they stop supporting the Israeli Terror Regime and their decades of genocide politics. --- I might remind the gentle reader that it was the USA that poured oil into the fire when the palestine conflict started and they are mainly responsible for its decade long escalation! ---

What should the USA do? I mean come on, they are financing terror all over the world since decades, sponsoring all kind of fundamentalist extremists wherever it fits into their foreign policy, that has only one focus, thier own interest to continue this predator capitalism. How about the Iran Contra Crisis in that context? Where do you think Bin Laden got his structure, intelligence, weapons, etc. etc. from in the first hand?

Can I just say, it is my understanding that our civilisation faces the end of resources on that planet in ways that many do not wish to have a realistic look at, nevertheless, it is true!

What is the common picture, regardless the momentary political incumbants?

Global warming will inevitably switch of the conveyor in the northern Atlantic. It may take 10 years, may take 50, but it is rather increasing in speed than decreasing. The heatwave in europe in 2003 caused 10% of the entire Alps Glaciers to melt down, increasing the effect on the conveyor, which will result in the gulfstream not to bring warm clima as we know it anymore, rather a drastical change towards winters such as London experienced in 1962, only, this time it will last a couple of hundred years!

Science fiction? Doomsday blah blah, I am sorry, it aint!

Oil resources are likely to decrease drastically over the next 3-4 decades, and much more important, freshwater becoming an increasingly hard to get by resource in other parts of this world, in Africa wars over water are actually happening.

You might ask, what's that gotta do with it?

I see that there is a tendency all over the industrialised world, to fill their pockets, quick and efficient. The right-wings are on the forefront again, cutting civil rights and liberties, millions of people loosing their jobs, the multis shifting capital only to where they can exploit cheap labour, and the real problems of our future generations are NOT adressed.

So how can the US avoid conflicts instead of stirring the shot wherever they see fit?

Actually they can, if the people in the USA stand up against that culture of bribery and false values, teach their children real matters of life again and refuse to be part of a consume and marketing only focussed generation of hypocrits.

Respect is the key for the Future, respect for all creation, and as blunt this may sound, as deep it is.

This is not about Kerry, Bush or about any other puppet becoming the best President money can buy.... This is about our children and what world we leave them behind when it is our time to leave....

It is the people who have the power to change things drastically, it is just, that they need to be aware again that they do have this power.

Before the wall came down in Germany, you might remember, monthlong demonstrations on the streets of Leipzig, Berlin, etc etc took place, the people got rid of the wall, not the politicians, they just had to react to the ever increasing pressure.

And it was done without spilling a single drop of blood, not counting in the mahy deads that lostr their lives on that wall that is of course, but taking into consideration that the demonstrations that lead to the breakdown fo the wall were peaceful at all times....

Sorry for being a bit longish.... just thinking out loud....
JohnnyAardvark
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

londonlad wrote:
GregC wrote:

Great analogy

I think this is applicable to most of us... Sad

Nice post laughing_bear... Keep thinking out loud.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

L-lad, here's the schedule;

Vice presidential debate:
Tuesday, October 5

Second presidential debate:
Friday, October 8

Third presidential debate:
Wednesday, October 13

The Oct 8 debate will be on the US economy, healthcare ( hah ! where ?),
taxes, issues domestic to the US.

Will Bush break his record of saying ' it's hard work ' 11 times ?

Should be a great debate !
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey l-bear. A big part of the current problem is that we have an administration that has a lone cowboy plus a a neo conservative, neo religious outlook on the world. A worst of several worlds combined
where everything is viewed thru this ideology vs facts and critical thinking.

There is no secret to the agenda, read the Pianache doctrine.

I will say that, it is best to always remind ourselves and learn from history. I think it is a disservice to my country to repeat the same mistake twice in the world arena. I recall reading that Iraq was divided into the 3 warring regional factions by the British. The logic behind that was set up the 3 factions to fight each other while England could pull the oil. Is that correct ?

I agree we need serious leadership on global warming. You will not get that from the current US administration.

You might recall that the US had a lot to do with cold war disarmament
in the Soviet Union during the '80's.

What I have observed with US interaction with countries, such as Germany and France on world issues, is that the countries will only take
action if there is something in it for them. So there has to be ' carrots'
and incentives for them. Have you observed that ?

Regarding the decline of values in the US for children, yes, there is a deep struggle. We have a fast life money grubbing commercial obsession along with unattainable glamorous superficiality driven by the various media.
That is narcotic for those that are impressionable. Fortunately, we have many wonderful dedicated teachers in our country. Plus many parents
work diligently to control the garbage and drive home how a child can best attain education and balanced development. There are numerous sport coaches that have the same passion.

I hope I provided some balance to your post.
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often wonder about the socio-political changes since the early 90's.

The wall broke down in germany, and the world celebrated, celebrated the downfall of the communist system at the same time.

My initial reaction was that this indicates not only the downfall of the communist system, but also the capitalistic oriented states, only that iot will come with some sort of a delay later down the road.

Poverty in my view is one of the main issues we intend to blatantly neglect. Half of the worlds population lives on $2 a day. The GDP of the poorest 48 nations, a quarter of the world's countries that is, is less than the wealth of the world's three richest people combined.

Is globalization helping the issue of poverty? Is it helping that multis go to countries where the labour costs are so low that people literally work for a handful of rice and a roof over their head? I do not think so, and as we know the only reason for this is a quick and dirty profit, covered of course by those thick glassed economists who jabber about competition advantage etc.!

The World Bank and the IMF have an awful lot to answer for!

At the same time the media bombard us with the ideology that the current form of development and globalization is the only way to ensure prosperity. However, increasing numbers of poor people who are missing out on this apparent boom, while increasingly less people are becoming far more wealthy.

A simplicistic statement shall be allowed. We are not ruled by the governments of this world anymore, probably never had been, but by the club of those who control economy, hence resources. These are the forces that control rules of unequal trade!

Since the medival ages, not much changed. The wealth comes from resources, and the resources were in the countrysides. Hence they wealthy cities raided the countryside to force them to sell their resources to the cities.

And today? Same picture, military forces all over the world raid those countries to control resources, monopolize industrial technology and control markets.

Understanding capital and how it works today, understanding poverty and why Africa was kept dependant and inflicted with wars after WW2, understanding the distribution and control of resources on this planet is the key to making informed decisions and keeping an open mind, regardless of what the media jabbers day in day out.

One more statement shall be allowed in the context of poverty. Not long ago I had a discussion with a bright 12 years old who started to see the problems in this owrld and asking questions. While we were touching all aspects of history and present status quo, we came to the point of stableg prizes in the economy, and I had to explain to her why there are "mountains of butter" just as an example that are first produced and then destroyed on purpose to keep prizes in a certain region, that governments pay farmers subsidies on the purpose to not produce any goods, and so on....

Her reaction?

"I can not imagine that the people who do that ever had to starve in their entire life....." ---- No further comment needed!! ----
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, the injustices and inequties are well reported and fair comment on contributing factors. There is a crushing Darwininian aspect.

What do you propose as solutions to reducing world wide poverty ?
Should there be a cap on excessive wealth in that co's or individuals that
exceed a certain # will contrute to a world wide fund ?

Even in the US, we have excessive poverty and declining income of the
middle class. Our healthcare system is dysfunctional and a disaster.
1 day in a hospital equals $10,000
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
What do you propose as solutions to reducing world wide poverty ?Should there be a cap on excessive wealth in that co's or individuals that exceed a certain # will contrute to a world wide fund ?

Even in the US, we have excessive poverty and declining income of the
middle class. Our healthcare system is dysfunctional and a disaster.
1 day in a hospital equals $10,000

Environmental issues and poverty are inevitably linked, interconnected.

For example, there is a clear relation between the devastating floods in Bangladesh and the massiv deforestation, of course, and the latter happening because of the ever increasing pressure from timber companies and agro-businesses of the rich parts on this globe.

There are many such examples that indicate this interconnection between poverty and ruthless environmental exploitation by $ multibillion companies.

The question on how to erradicate poverty can only be tackled by all nations in conjunction.

As I see it, our system of economy is on the very edge of collapsing, and this would mean global war on all fronts if we do not provide nessecary adjustments towards a more human and environmental intelligent economy of fair trade.

The substitute wars we fight in places such as Irak, I dare to call this a substitute war for good reasons, will not proove to help adjusting parameters nessecary for surrvival and most of all increase of social peace and prosperity.

More than half the grain grown in the United States (requiring half the water used in the U.S.) is fed to livestock, grain that would feed far more people than would the livestock to which it is fed. Reason for this is our subscription to a convinience and fast food production oriented society.

The results are mindblowing, while billions do not have sufficient nutrition, the main pressure on healthcaresystems in the so called "western civilized world" is obesity, let aside alcoholism, and various phenomenon forms of depression.

I think there are a lot of ways to tackle the issues at hand.... just that we seem to be willing to let the incumbants spend our taxdollars on more weapons and more wars.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: