Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS20iC Beginner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alpal52

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: MS20iC Beginner Reply with quote

Hello,

I just picked up a used MS20iC. I have no idea how to tell if it is working properly. The only cord I have is a usb to go from the synthesizer to my computer. When connected to the computer the synthesizer powers on and the computer recognizes it. Also I was able to install the drivers. Do I need to download programs to use the synthesizer? Do I need to attach it to an amplifier? How can I tell that the synthesizer is working?

Any info will be greatly appreciated!
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a synth, it's a controller. You need to run the Korg MS20 vst/au software synthesizer. The sound will come out of your computer speakers/headphones/monitors.

Alternatively, you could use an iPad with the MS20i app and hook it up to that using USB through the iPad camera connection kit.
alpal52

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:28 am    Post subject: MS20ic Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Are there free downloads available anywhere? I want to make sure the controller works before I invest into it. Thanks!
slug

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't say what computer are on but if have a mac you can fully test it with the included GarageBand program.
jwheaton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: ms20iC and software Reply with quote

Hi -
I picked up an MS-20iC controller at a yard sale. After I fix the USB connector, am I correct in assuming that I can buy a copy of the stand-alone "Legacy Collection" MS-20 plugin for about $50?

Can I run that as a stand-alone application on a windows machine with USB and make a kind of dedicated MS20 instrument (taking audio out from the windows box)?

Thanks for any feedback, and where is the link to purchase the software?

-Jim
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's just a controller so you'd still need a decent soundcard/interface. Otherwise, yes. Also check out offers from Korg on their controller keyboards. Many cheap ones now include full legacy collection plugs.

Also, the controller works with the iPad version of iMS20 as well (you need the camera kit to hook it up) and you could go straight out via the minijack that way.
baward14

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
I think it's just a controller so you'd still need a decent soundcard/interface. Otherwise, yes. Also check out offers from Korg on their controller keyboards. Many cheap ones now include full legacy collection plugs.

Also, the controller works with the iPad version of iMS20 as well (you need the camera kit to hook it up) and you could go straight out via the minijack that way.

My MS20ic has recently stopped working altogether. The 'power' light doesn't come on and its not recognised as a controller in any of the Legacy software (MS-20, Monopoly etc.) and I've tried different USB leads.

I have recently upgraded to Yosemite on my Mac, and I've read that this is a problem that's occurred before for other people. Is Korg still going to support the MS20ic on the Mac? I have an iPad and iMS20 as well, is the method you mention above going to work for me, so that the MS20ic doesn't become just a lovely looking paperweight?

Thanks,
Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: