Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS-20 Patch Card I made...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brandonpturner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject: MS-20 Patch Card I made... Reply with quote

If anyone wants the PSD or something, let me know. I just added handy things I like. It's kind of irrelevant if you use the online patch tool, but I thought it looked nice.

I am new here. I come bearing gifts...

Patch Card (Large Image)
Frenzies

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is nice, I have made actual patch cards, to fit on the synth itself. If anybody is interested I plan to start making them available. They can be custom printed to any design you like.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
Jamie Munro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that you have a doodle section......so true
MemorY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... Being VERY new to modular and patching. Would something like this be used the write down favorite patches that I've made?

What exactly have people used these for? Just thought I'd ask. Smile They look great though!
brandonpturner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemorY wrote:
So... Being VERY new to modular and patching. Would something like this be used the write down favorite patches that I've made?

What exactly have people used these for? Just thought I'd ask. Smile They look great though!

Yeah. If you just get a sound you like, this is a way to record it. Of course, This will allow you to store them online, but sometimes I like to do things by hand or don't have my computer with me. It's like drafting and design. I prefer my tools and paper to CAD.
brandonpturner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frenzies wrote:
This is nice, I have made actual patch cards, to fit on the synth itself. If anybody is interested I plan to start making them available. They can be custom printed to any design you like.

That's awesome! This is just a way to print out a virtually limitless amount, released for free, and as I said in my post, it has additional things I like to have on my own like notes and doodles. Smile

I'd love to see yours though.
MemorY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brandonpturner wrote:
MemorY wrote:

Yeah. If you just get a sound you like, this is a way to record it. Of course, This will allow you to store them online, but sometimes I like to do things by hand or don't have my computer with me. It's like drafting and design. I prefer my tools and paper to CAD.

Understandable. That's pretty sweet though! Very Happy Never would have though to do something like that to record down what I've done to make specific sounds!
Mutiny in Jonestown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemorY wrote:
brandonpturner wrote:
MemorY wrote:

Understandable. That's pretty sweet though! Very Happy Never would have though to do something like that to record down what I've done to make specific sounds!

Back in "THE DAY" when you'd buy a monosynth most of the manuals included a patch sheet like this one. Most also included some sample patches to get you going...the same website mentioned above also has examples of other people's MS20 patches for you to try out which is very cool...check it out here http://20patch.constructingtowers.com/patches

Before the days of patch memories, it was the only way to be able to go back to a patch you made the other day - unless of course you were Rick Wakeman in which case he'd find a MiniMoog patch he liked, tape all the knobs in position so they wouldn't be moved, and buy another MiniMoog Laughing
Past: Moog Taurus Bass Pedals, Yamaha CP-20, DX-100, SY22, Hammond M2, Hohner D6 Clavinet, SCI Pro-One, Crumar Trilogy, Cat Octave, Roland JX-3P, D50, D20, D70, S10, AlphaJuno1, V-Synth, JD800, JP8000, C-80 Digital Harpsichord, Ensoniq Fizmo, Nord Modular, Waldorf Q, DSI PolyEvolver, Emu Vintage Keys, Crumar Trilogy
Frenzies

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very early prototype version of the patch cards I make, this one is made of card. For me its the best way to keep a track on patches for playing live. Theres no patch bay on these as i only have one or two patching set ups in my live show

Patch card

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
channel0

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: that's the analog way :) Reply with quote

very nice cards, but a bit impractical especially if you have a lot of patches, including several different patch cable connections to make.

nevertheless a good way to start with a patch in a song, twiddle the controls around, and go to the starting patch easily when you need it.

lazy as I am I take photo's of the starting patch, desaturate them en invert black and white to make them easier to read, and copy the pics to a tablet, which I put next to the rig Smile

that's the digital way I guess. only goes to show that not everything digital is evil Twisted Evil
Tascam US-144 Mk II, Alesis iO4
System : Win 8.1/Ubuntu Linux; i5-3470 quad core cpu@3.2 Ghz; 8Gb Ram
DAW : Presonus Studio One Free, Cubase 5.1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: