Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kross Bonus Sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
studio99

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Kross Bonus Sounds Reply with quote

Does anyone know if banks a b c & d included with the newly released bonus sounds are different than the factory sounds originally shipped with the Kross?
I was trying to load just the new user programs and inadvertently overwrote banks a,b,c,&d.
I know I lost any subsequent changes I had made to those banks but some of the other voices sound different as well.
I'm wondering if those banks had differences even if the namese were the same?
Anyone know?

Thanks

Pat
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see this easily by doing a Difference List from PCG Tools (just copy it bank by bank and generate the list per bank.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Auquicu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All bonus banks are new, not included with the Kross synth, and each one has 128 programas that go into the USER bank, so all Factory programs are not replaced with the bonus programs.
Notice that the USER bank only has 128 available program locations, so you can only load 1 bonus bank at a time.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KorgKrossShare/
Shutoku

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about combis?

I'd sort of like to download the triton sounds, but I have created several of my own user combi's I don't want to lose.

Are the triton sounds all programs or are there also combis?
hammondcuni
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded the pcg's and instructions are a little confusing. I"ll try this(loading) out tomorrow when i can be in front of Kross so that it will make more sense to me. I must want to load the programs that i like
iluvchiclets

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

All of the bonus sounds offered in this update are programs. Not one is a Combi.

As mentioned earlier, only one of the 4 banks can be loaded at a time. The "confusing" instructions will become clear once you see Korg's way of organizing the banks on your SD card. The instructions are carefully worded so that you only load one bank, and affect nothing else on your Kross.

By following the process further, I believe you should be able to load only one sound at a time...?
hammondcuni
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok got in there and picked out only sounds i wanted. So once you go in there its pretty easy,
malpaugh

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammondcuni wrote:
Ok got in there and picked out only sounds i wanted. So once you go in there its pretty easy,

So what is the process to load individual sounds? I have the four bonus banks loaded on the card and can scroll to them. What is the process for the cursor to get to individual programs and assign them to a destination bank? When I tried it it sent the entire bank.
hammondcuni
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok after you scroll to the User Bonus bank hit the right artow cursor and there you can see and play each sound in the bank. Hit the function button once you like a sound and there in function you will see 'load selected" hit that then it will ask where in user you want it.
malpaugh

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammondcuni wrote:
ok after you scroll to the User Bonus bank hit the right artow cursor and there you can see and play each sound in the bank. Hit the function button once you like a sound and there in function you will see 'load selected" hit that then it will ask where in user you want it.

Great! Thank you.
shaneblyth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have to use an SD card to load the new sounds from or can it be done from the computer connected via usb?
cheers
Macbook Air 13"
Mainstage 3
castorex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaneblyth wrote:
do you have to use an SD card to load the new sounds from or can it be done from the computer connected via usb?
cheers

Launch the Kross Editor tool and you will see the light !
Ricky_jcr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

castorex wrote:
shaneblyth wrote:
cheers

Launch the Kross Editor tool and you will see the light !

yep, just click on "Utility", and then "Load", browse for your sound, it must be in the "___PR" or "___CM" format, then load it to the selected slot. Best to select an empty slot before loading if you don't want to overwrite your current sounds.

But for PCG files, I load them on an SD card, I think thats the only way. Do correct me if I'm wrong Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: