Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bonus sounds from Korg and saving one sound (extracting)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbinla

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:17 am    Post subject: Bonus sounds from Korg and saving one sound (extracting) Reply with quote

Hi fellow Korg Kross owners.

If I have an existing pcg file with sounds I like and I am using, but want to add a program from another pcg file, specifically an organ sound from the Korg bonus programs, how can I do this without replacing all the programs I have in the "user" category? When I load the bonus pcg file, it replaces the data in the program memory. I'm kind of new to my Kross. Is this explained anywhere in the manuals-how to do this? IF so, I must have missed it.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use PCG Tools, it's free... see the link in my signature below.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cbinla

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks michelkeijzers - I will download PCG Tools, connect my Kross to my PC and check it out. I was browsing your site and it looks pretty handy. Still wondering if it's possible to do it solo on the Kross.
stingray1059

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a tip where you can load only your chosen program or combi without messing your current bank when downloading a PCG file.

1. make sure you have sd card inserted with your downloaded PCG file. example BONUS1.PCG

2. press GLOBAL/MEDIA then press PAGE UP until you reach the FILE category. (you can also press GLOBAL/MEDIA+ EXIT button at the same time)

3. choose your pcg file then press the right arrow button.. then choose what you want to use , program or combi..

4. test the sound you want then press function then load selected.

5. save to a user bank you dont use.. enjoy!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cbinla wrote:
Thanks michelkeijzers - I will download PCG Tools, connect my Kross to my PC and check it out. I was browsing your site and it looks pretty handy. Still wondering if it's possible to do it solo on the Kross.

You don't have to connect your Kross to your PC ... just save / load the PCG file on a SD card.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: