Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanted Microkorg Microphone In UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AfxTwn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject: Wanted Microkorg Microphone In UK Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm another one of those people whose bought a microkorg off ebay but it doesn't come with the gooseneck microphone. I've looked on ebay but I can't find any for sale and I was wondering if Korg themselves or anyone else sells them? I see the newer microkorg XL uses the same mic too.

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these, new or used? I'm in the UK btw but I don't mind paying postage as long as it's not ridiculous, the keybaord itself only cost my £125 inc. postage so I don't want to go spending another £100 on a mic.

Thanks for any help and sorry for clogging the board up with yet another one of these posts.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't think the microphones delivered with a new microKorg and the microKorgXL are the same. Especially because of the connection.

On the mK, the connection is jack 1/4 (condensor) or 1/8 (dynamic). The mic needs a special foot if you want it to fit inside the socket of the board. See also http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=89558 for a kind of adapter which fit in that socket and on which you can put a standard gooseneck .

On the mKXL, the connection is via XLR and the XLR connector serves at that moment as mic holder on the board as well.

Further, a pretty standard/simple mic should do it...

Bye.
AfxTwn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the info. I emailed Korg UK and they said that they do sell the goosneck mic for the microkorg so I will order one from them as it's not too expensive. I wanted it mainly to record my thumb piano and use the vocoder to alter the sounds (which will probably be tricking holding the thumb piano and keys lol).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: