Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer - Recording start question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wes.brook

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Sequencer - Recording start question Reply with quote

Hi,

New to the forums and also new to the Korg brand. I was wondering if you guys could help with a quick question that I cannot find reference to in the manual.

In Sequencer mode on the Kross 61, is it possible to force the instrument to start recording only on the first key press, rather than either immediately after pushing "Play" else after a count-in? I have reduced the count-in measures to 0, but what I really want is the instrument to wait until I hit the first note to start recording. Is this possible?
RichF

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi wes.brook,

You can't set the sequencer to start recording when you press a key, but if your goal is to have a note recorded at the very start of a sequence, you can use the count-in measure(s) to your advantage. Just hold down the first notes during the count-in, and they will be recorded as if they were played at the very beginning of the sequence.

Hope this helps,
-Rich
wes.brook

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the reply. I noticed the "record on first key press" option is available for audio recording, but could not find it for midi.

Thanks,

Wes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: