Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

questions regarding the korg kross 88

View previous topic :: View next topic  
progman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: questions regarding the korg kross 88 Reply with quote

Hi, some unanswered questions:
1. Soes the kross support playing sounds in monophonic mode? (= lead sounds)
2. Is it possible to connect any usb hard drive besides a thumb drive to the usb port to record stuff?
3. Is the keybed durable? is it suitable to play technical exercises on it?
4. Does it has metronome built it? that you can change time signatures for example from 4/4/ to 7/8 and not just the tempo click.

thanks.
tommymandel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes to question #1: you can make a Program not play polyphonically.
progman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the korg kross 88 today at the music store.
sounds - all in all i'm impressed, inspiring, imo all the sounds are decent for the price. light weight - 12 kilo - fantastic.
what i'm having hard time to accept - the keybed Sad - it's not a bad keybed but it's not one of the best out there. it's ok, not more, and the chassis construction has 1 annoying flaw for me personally:
1. i have huge hands, long fingers and i find my fingers could hit the chassis sometimes cause it's built straight up RIGHT after the keys end and only at the top it meets a curve. i guess that's not a common prob, but it's seems to maybe a bit prob for me. when i had my kurzweil 2500x it had the chassis end about at the height of the keybed and there was quite a big space between the end of the keys and the chassis so it wasn't a prob - this is how ALL keyboards should be built (!). this is a big warm suggestion to korg.
2. when you hit the keybed it doesn't seem to quite go down enough and doesn't have enough of the satisfaction of the pressed down key. i can accept the keys being plastic even though the black keys feels a bit cheap but would love if it had more premium feel of some other keyboards, like roland ivory feel. i want to like the kross. i will check out casio px-5s this week and see what i like more (although it doesn't have monophonic mode like the kross has which sucks). maybe i will play the kross again, maybe it's not so much of a prob.
anyway, can you recommend another 88 keyboard of this nature from korg or other company that maybe will suit me?
behrooz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Question regarding Casio Privia PX-5s Reply with quote

Hi, I hope you are doing well.

I'm kinda stuck between Korg Kross and Casio Privia PX-5S and I don't know which one to buy. This is regarding your post here.

progman wrote:
i will check out casio px-5s this week and see what i like more (although it doesn't have monophonic mode like the kross has which sucks). maybe i will play the kross again, maybe it's not so much of a prob.
anyway, can you recommend another 88 keyboard of this nature from korg or other company that maybe will suit me?

Since I'm located in India and the privia PX-5s is not yet available here I will have to buy it online without even trying it out for myself.
I was wondering if you checked out the Casio Privia PX-5S. If so could you tell me what you think of it.
Is it a good option for durable exercising?
What do you think of it overall. Or if you have any suggestions for stage pianos in the same league that would be cool.

Thanks
Regards,
Behrooz
tommymandel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Casio PX-330 is a dynamite stage piano, and it has speakers and an audio input, so you can just plug it right in and play away, even plug your computer into it or whatever. But their PX5s model that you're looking at has more functions. Not as simple, and no speakers, but 6 sliders, which would help make it a much better Midi Controller. But just for a piano, the PX-330 is really nice. And it's EP blends real nice with some of the Kross's. You could go for a 9 pound Kross-61, and a used PX-330, Midi them up, and the sky's the limit. Probably save some money, if you can find a PX-330 (or even a 120) used where you are...
Just my little opinion Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: