Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Proud owner of a new Kross 61!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
twstone1983

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Proud owner of a new Kross 61! Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I wanted to share my first impressions of the new Kross 61 that arrived yesterday. I didn't have a lot of time to play around with it, but what little time I did have was a lot of fun!

First off I am happy to be able to report that the key bed is not that bad at all. I read many reviews that it felt cheap and much like a toy. Having an N364 which I like the synth action on, I was worried that the newer entry level keyboards would not measure up to the older, more well built Korgs. But I am happy to report that the Kross still feels very much like a pro level keyboard. It also appears to be well built too. Best part is, i can sit in the living room with it in my lap and play with it.

Secondly, the thing I was really curious about was the Piano sounds. I don't need to tell you that they are much better than the Pianos in the N364 (except maybe the M1 Piano sound. I don't know what it is but between the N364, the TR and now the Kross, the M1 seems to sound best on the N364. Probably because the M1 was an AI synth and the N364 is AI2.) With the Kross resembeling the TR, and not really having much expirience with the EDS Synth engine, i was expecting the pianos in the Kross to be about as good as the TR. I was pleasantly surprised to find that many of the piano patches on the Kross sounded a lot better, with out the tin-like sound in the midrange that so many Korgs were known for. No its not Kronos or Krome level, but it is a noticable improvement over the TR!

Thats all I have for now, I hope to have more time to delve into this little board and really see what its capable of!

Current Gear: N364, TR88, Kross61, Art Pro MPA II, Studio Projects B1, Shure SM58/SM57, Behringer C1, Behringer XM8500, Yamaha MG 10/2, Behringer Xenyx 1002FX, Steinberg CI2, Cubase AI 6.
byllsong

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got mine last Thursday.

Because of the way I'm working, I was only able to put in a few hours on the weekend. I did enjoy doing an overall check though.

This weekend however, I will have alot more time. I've been checking out the online documents and getting a mental feel of what to expect.

Looking forward to a fun weekend.
Hope you are too.

Billy
studio99

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the SG 1D Piano ( I think it's prog #14
Very nice sound and body
ca27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. I too have my Kross-61 and the only drawback for me so far is the keybed.
Having seen far cheaper other-brand keyboards and even those close to "toys" in general, I can say that their keybeds are just at par with the Kross. Only that the top parts of the Kross-61's keys do not depress, which limits your playing region. With that, I would really even trade its keys for those of cheaper keyboards so long as the whole part of the keys can be pressed.
Nevertheless, its a really nice keyboard and I can't really criticize anything but the keybed.
Arranging and composing is a jet with this thing. I won't even need a daw or something to pile up those instruments in a song.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: