Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Am I crazy?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geebake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Am I crazy? Reply with quote

Last week, I found a mint, used Triton Rack for sale locally for $250. I'm not a keyboard player at all, but just couldn't turn it down. I know this thing is well over 10 years old but it just sounds fantastic to me. Granted, my ears are much more in tune with things that have strings, but are newer devices that much better?

I do happen to also have a Krome 61 that came from another deal I couldn't turn down. I know the Krome is supposed to sound a lot better (at least those huge sampled pianos and such) but it doesn't really sound that much better to me than the Triton. Granted, it is an order of magnitude easier to deal with given the touch screen and pcs app, but when it comes down to most sounds. I can't hear that much difference.

I'm just blown away how cheap older electronics are. I'm used to good guitars holding a significant portion of their values. Doesn't seem to be universal with musical gear.

I'd really like to hear what you guys think about the relative (sound) quality between say Tritons, Trinities, Kronos's and such are. Are these older boxes the steals that I think they are or am I missing something?

Greg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: