Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Triton Video Tutorial Set available at TritonHaven.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which video series would you most like to see released next?
Quick Start to using the Triton
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Professional Sampling and Sound editing for the Triton
61%
 61%  [ 19 ]
Setting Up Performance Combinations with the Triton
22%
 22%  [ 7 ]
Videos for the Triton LE
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 31

Dee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the info, Lifechanger!

All things are present and correct on my computer, so I'll have another go this weekend with the installation. I'll get the resident computer expert (my husband) to help, too!

You didn't mention which version of Windows....we have found that since we upgraded to XP many existing programs don't run anymore. It's been very annoying.

Regards
Dee
Everaldo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that your work should be rewarde so I will buy it too.
Good luck with the saling!
LIFECHANGER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee....

I run XP Professional ...actually just bought a Median 2.4 Gig with it installed....I run XP Home on my old 1.6 Gig Athlon, next to it...I really have had no installation software problems with either one...If I ever get a screwed up stituation wih the PC's, I don't waste time...I just go to"Restore" to get the system back to when it previously worked, the day before or the day before that...you know what I mean Laughing

Make sure your sure that you have a functioning copy of DIVX before you attempt to play the CD's....they only work with it....nomatter is you have Windows Media Player, Real Player...OR others....they just won't play the CD's without the plug-in!

I agree with the last poster....the work Duffy put into this...and it shows with its detailed approach to "teaching"...should be rewarded by those who could use it!!...I think you'll be happy Laughing
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding DivX, you don't need Dr DivX to watch the tutorial videos. If you install the free version of the DivX codec, then you'll be able to watch the videos with Media Player or any other video player. Dr DivX is only useful if you start doing your own encoding or DVD backups.

DivX codec is free but adware Sad

Since you only want to watch movies and videos, then you can install DivX light, freeware and adfree:

http://www.divxlight.com/
Dee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUCCESS! Thanks Francois and Lifechanger for your help.

Well never mind how I eventually managed to do it, but I got to see the little demo about quantizing, using Windows Media player.

BTW, DivXLight did install without a hitch, but I didn't know how to use it! How dumb can you get. When I 2x clicked on "6-Quantizing_Demo.zip", a beautiful "6-Qu....._Demo.avi" file appeared, but then after 2x clicking on that, some other player kept trying to play it (unsuccessfully) with an error msg about a missing compressor file. Anyway, this was a Quicktime player, that seems to be activated by itself.

So off I went to try Windows Media.

Well, I can't wait to find out how he fixes those other out of time drum beats that aren't quarter notes!

Dee
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dee wrote:
but I didn't know how to use it!

You don't have to learn how to use it. A codec is simply a kind of resource that lives in the system folder, and which is accessed by programs to perform a task. Here, to read AVI compressed movies. So it's now your video or movie player you need to learn.

Quote:
that seems to be activated by itself.

When you double-click on a file, Windows keeps tabs on what program is used to open a file, defined by its three letters extension. You can modify the default program used to open a file via the folder options menu item.

So if you don't know how to modify the default application used, start Media Player and open the file instead of double-clicking it. You'd do the same to open a text file in MS Word whilst double-clicking would probably start Notepad.
christopher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: le question on video/dvd/cd Reply with quote

at the risk of sounding like a total dummy-

is this product/tutorial applicable to the le?? quick scanning down the lesson list contained seemed like it would be so, but i'd like some confirmation from one of the more learned members here before i plunk down my hard earned swag! anyone?? thanks!

chris
LIFECHANGER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may not...I'm sure this was initially set up for the Classic Triton, but Duffy mentioned the Triton Studio for it being a useful tutorial.
LIFECHANGER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may not...I'm sure this was initially set up for the Classic Triton, but Duffy mentioned the Triton Studio for it being a useful tutorial.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: