Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exporting Editor Settings as a midi file...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Exporting Editor Settings as a midi file... Reply with quote

Does anyone know if it is possible to export Krome Editor Settings to a Sysex MIDI file?

On the Roland Sonic Cell I can make all my settings using the editor (patches effects routing etc etc) and then export that to a midi file...re-import it back to a SMF and then when that SMF is played on anything it always sets up teh song the way it was setup on the DAW PC...

Just seeing if the Korg can do the same...I do not want to have to run a FULL blown DAW Sequencing program on stage just to play midi files!!!

Advice appreciated...

Thanks
Yatrix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When making changes with Editor you actually are doing much more complex changes then just collection of Sysex parameters. You are making changes within the dump of Program or Combi. Dump - is a huge piece of hex data in Korg's proprietory format. Please refer to M50's midi impementation info (the closets one to KROME) to understand how dumps are organized (if you a re willing to spend your time on this).

However you can change any parameter in Krome Editor for example in combination mode and save this as new combi (including timbres and effect and etc. Then later you can apply settings from this combi over any song created in Sequence mode.
But please note that original SMF file may contain some "Program Change" messages for each track and these messages (if that was the case) may turn your timbres back to original state. So it would be good to delete such messages from song. Use midi filter to select such messages and kill'em.
Documentation included in setup.
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but I already knew all of that...sorry but you did not really answer the question..

Can it be saved to a SMF - the data...if one has to carry a PC DAW on stage as well just to run sounds the way they want in sequencer mode!!!

Of course if Korg actually saved effects WITH a patch (like Yamaha Motif) and not as insert effects then whenever you selected a patch from whatever source you would get the same sound.... but that topic has been done to death...

And I have already sent this same question to Korg, still waiting....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: