Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Track Out A (Beat/Song) On The KROME HELP Me Can it Be Done?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
meloproductionz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Track Out A (Beat/Song) On The KROME HELP Me Can it Be Done? Reply with quote

Before I go and buy the Krome I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a way to Track Out a song in the Krome?? export an tracked out song to a SD Card instead just exporting a MP3 or Wav File ?????

some of my buyers need Tracked out Beats so they can have 100% how they want the beat to be .... can someone please let me know before I buy it

I can't find any information about this anywhere

thank you
Amel
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed it will save any sequences to midi onto the SD for Playback on other boards or DAW's.
meloproductionz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csteen wrote:
Indeed it will save any sequences to midi onto the SD for Playback on other boards or DAW's.

but if I save them as MIDI will that mess up the sounds like if I pick a surten piano and drum kit and once I export it and load all the samples into lets say Cubase will all those same sounds still be there ??

sorry English is my second langue so I'm sorry about the spelling buddy
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midi is note data. If you save that, you get just note data. Whatever sound the Krome made with those notes is not transported if you load the notes in another sound engine. That is always the case, there is no hardware or software that lets you save its actual sound generation within the midi file, although there is such a thing as "general midi" which gives you certain conventions of patch choice, meaning if you say track 1 is a piano in engine A (the Krome), the next sound engine (e.g. Cubase+ a general midi VSTi) will also put a piano there. Not the same piano however. A piano.

Wav or mp3 (shudder) is what you need to export if you need the exact sound the Krome is making. Then afterwards of course you can't adapt the notes anymore. But these things are a fact of life, not a limitation on the Krome specifically.
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that is true for every keyboard.
You can however use something like reaper and record the entire sequence and covert all the tracks to waves for wave editing and use them as midis to edit notes and other events prior to that. Reaper treats midi and waves identically.
meloproductionz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
Midi is note data. If you save that, you get just note data. Whatever sound the Krome made with those notes is not transported if you load the notes in another sound engine. That is always the case, there is no hardware or software that lets you save its actual sound generation within the midi file, although there is such a thing as "general midi" which gives you certain conventions of patch choice, meaning if you say track 1 is a piano in engine A (the Krome), the next sound engine (e.g. Cubase+ a general midi VSTi) will also put a piano there. Not the same piano however. A piano.

Wav or mp3 (shudder) is what you need to export if you need the exact sound the Krome is making. Then afterwards of course you can't adapt the notes anymore. But these things are a fact of life, not a limitation on the Krome specifically.

I see thank you buddy I apricate this
meloproductionz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csteen wrote:
Yes that is true for every keyboard.
You can however use something like reaper and record the entire sequence and covert all the tracks to waves for wave editing and use them as midis to edit notes and other events prior to that. Reaper treats midi and waves identically.

I will check this out .. thanks buddy
MWGKorg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you use the Krome VST instrument, to record the audio of the program, to be played back using the Krome supplied midi data? I.e. does the tone generating part of the krome also live inside its VST plugin, or is that really a VST editor?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: