Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Played the Krome today

View previous topic :: View next topic  
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Played the Krome today Reply with quote

They had one in the local Dawsons. (Their Reading refurbishment is really great by the way). I got my Kronos from there a few months ago.

Anyway, I thought that it was quite enjoyable to play, fairly familiar from the M3 and M50 although the extra sounds will sure give it a better reputation.

I thought the keybed was pretty good too. Not like that awful shallow plastic hinged one on the M50-61.

Button layout is a bit unfamiliar, with Prog/Combi/Seq on the far right, and with Drum Track, Arp, Global and a few others to the left of the screen (to the right of the knobs).

The slightly updates presets were interesting too, but nothing to get excited about compared to playing the Kronos at home.
There was a preset for a driven EP but I couldn't hear the drive, nor going into IFX and turning up the drive seemed to do anything, which was confusing. Perhaps it was merely 'warm' and I couldn't hear it on the speakers in a slightly busy music store, but I was hoping for something more aggressive there.

The touchscreen is much more responsive, although the new aspect ratio and size is a little cramped. Page select looks weird.

Build seems relatively sturdy although not as classy looking as the M50 perhaps, it's nice to see something new. The inset front panel kind of reminds my of a laptop type design though, looks out of place on a musical instrument.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: