Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! Cannot get X5D sounds to play in Logic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
I, Brian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Help! Cannot get X5D sounds to play in Logic Reply with quote

Got my good ol' X5D connected to an iMac (Snow Leopard) running Logic Pro 8 via a M-Audio MIDI to USB connector.

As a general MIDI keyword it works fine with the Apple instruments.

However, I've never been able to get the Korg X5D sounds to play via Logic, even though I apparently have the X5D set up as an external USB device in Logic. (I notice, though, that Logic shows MIDI in working but no output via MIDI out to the keyword.)

This has been driving me crazy for years - all my compositions were written specifically for the X5D, and the X5D has some lovely lush and warm sounds the Apple insutrments can't compete with (ie, the A42+A22 symphony strings).

Could anyone possibly please advise? Desperately want to get back to MIDI sequencing with my X5D sounds.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly question (I know!), but I never assume the obvious....

X5 - Midi In & Out connected to the interface (In to Out, Out to In)
X5 Audio connected to the mixer.
The X5 is still an external device, and will need to be treated as such - so the audio needs to be mixed with the computer audio: either via an external mixer, or audio inputs of Logic so you can set up a "live-input" channel - ie you can hear audio coming into Logic.

In the Environment, you've created (ideally) a Multi-Instrument. Call it X5. Un-slash all 16 channels and assign the whole thing to the USB MIDI interface.

Run the X5 in "Multi" mode

When you click on New track - choose external MIDI instrument (and ensure that the "open library" is ticked)
The Library will open up with your X5's 16 MIDI channels.

Bingo.

I'm assuming here that you are proficient in using Logic (so apologies if this isn't the case)
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: