Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

effects, amp and rx noise

View previous topic :: View next topic  
agerhbour

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: effects, amp and rx noise Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Was just twiddling around with some of the sounds in the original factory sound pack (but this applies to all sound packs) and I came across something I had discovered a little while back but just forgotten about due to not playing very often.

Anyway, thing is, I wonder if anyone else has noticed, I was playing what is loaded under E.Piano 2, number 1, and by default that has the tremelo pre FX and amp2 turned on.
However, it seems when the amp is turned on, it completely wipes out the effect of the tremelo.

Similar things happen with the rx noise and any effects, however I know this can be overcome by turning the fx bypass on in the rx layer in the editor, but this is just silly because then the rx noises nearly always sound completely out of place.

I guess its just another bad modelling with the amps (to go with the drive everyone talks about). I wonder if these issues will ever be addressed?
velour100

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am still waiting for a new update...
TonalityTech2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've owned a SV-173 since November of 10 and on the E.2/#1 setting I've got both the amp and the tremolo. Sounds great. I might be lucky, but everything works fine on this unit. I did my test with headphones. Some FX are toned down in a live situation, but they still come through. I do agree with the DRIVE issue. Most anything over "2" is over-kill. Try listening with headphones. I'm also using the factory loaded sounds. The editor words fine on my Mac. I've tweaked a few things but I didn't save any changes. I'm either to busy rehearsing or gigging.
agerhbour

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonalityTech2 wrote:
I've owned a SV-173 since November of 10 and on the E.2/#1 setting I've got both the amp and the tremolo. Sounds great. I might be lucky, but everything works fine on this unit. I did my test with headphones. Some FX are toned down in a live situation, but they still come through. I do agree with the DRIVE issue. Most anything over "2" is over-kill. Try listening with headphones. I'm also using the factory loaded sounds. The editor words fine on my Mac. I've tweaked a few things but I didn't save any changes. I'm either to busy rehearsing or gigging.

So I was just having a look again.
Yes the pre effects and modulation effects do work with the amp simulator on, but try it yourself, just put one effect on, then switch the amp simulator on and off, you will see how distinct it is without it on and how poor it is with it on.
And its on all sounds too.

I also just realised, with the drive issue, the problem isn't half as bad if all effects are turned off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: