Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

crackle problem music midi set up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mezzojammer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: crackle problem music midi set up Reply with quote

I have just started to record with in cubase SE3 and have hit a major problem. I am getting (although quiet but noticeable) a clear crackle on the right speaker/headphone side but only when recording and playing back the midi which Ive recorded within SE3. It happens regardless of whether I plug my headphones into my behringer mixer or my Roland speakers headphone socket. There is nothing wrong with the headphones and the left side/channel is fine.
I have a Dell dimension 9200 with Delta 10-10 lite sound card, various outboard midi gear, however most of the midi gear was switched off so that cant be the problem. I only have my triton extreme master keyboard, Motu midi express 128 (connecting all mid gear), behringer xenyx 1832 mixer , Pc and speakers on. All the cables connecting the gear are new and securely plugged in.
Totally stumped but this has got to be corrected
Cheers
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Just a note...If you create new audio tracks on cubase, each setted on a different recording channel, and then start recording, do you record any noise?
In that way you can discover if the noise is coming from the gear (I know most of them are powered off) or is coming from mixer to speakers.
If you record noise, you can analyze the spectrum to understand if it's a hum problem (near 50Hz for Europe and near 60Hz for USA, if I'm correct).

Have you already tried to connect these speakers on a different system (ie to an iPod or anything different from your gear)?

If you listen using headphones do you hear any noise?

Regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some times when you have a number of things connected to each other, you want to make sure that their sample rates are matched (if applicable). Let say if you're connecting your pro tools set up to a triton studio...they must be set to the same sample rate, or you will get some random noises/crackles...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: