Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trinity Vs Triton: First Round
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

Hey, Blink and kannix  Smile

Seem to be interesting, this mam map 1. Due my complains for an arpeggiator, this could be a solution...

I´ve searching this kind of external equipment to add this feature to my Trinity, but I´d never heard of it!

Kannix, you mean you lose some midi control on it via trinity?

Blink, is good enough to be the arp for the Triny?

Triton has 2 dual arps, it´s not the same, but ... Wink

Regards
D.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

Slr, about your quote:

I do not experience problem with the Triny touch screen, as i´ve never found the chances that I played a Triton. (Maybe ´cos my fingers are so short and thin) Never tried a pen palm, ´cos I ´ve never needed it (nor thought that smart idea, Kannix  Wink )

I dunno notice any diference between thouch screens in Triny and Triton. I think they are exactly tha same stuff of hardware.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

Quote:
Triton owners,  is the Touchscreen better on the Triton, ie more sensitive. I have to press the Trinity screen several times on occassion to get it to make the desired changes. (FAT FINGERS)
Mind you, the screen is more touch sensitive after being powered up for a while.

From my own experiences.

When the Trinity is cold, if you press to the right of the option your looking to select, you will notice that it’s easy to select with the lightest touch. And as the Trinity heats up, around 10 to 15 min later you will be able to press directly on the options.

It’s like as if the touch layer is tightens up when it warms up.

Regards.
Sharp.

The_Future_One

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

Regarding the look of the Trinity, I think it was too
funky. I actually like the duller Triton silver, although when it gets stained, it stays stained (crap!!!)

I also like the Triton's squareness, as opposed to the Trinity's shield type shape (most noticeable in the Touchscreen area)

This is all moot anyway, because the Korg 01/Wpro was the best looking Korg synth of all time!!  Cool

Second would have to be the Roland D-70 for its polished professional look...
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

Well, it´s a matter of tastes and prefferences, anyway.

But I like the Trinity shape and construction over Triton´s one... Seems to me a better quality, using metal rather than plastic. And is more easy to clean and make it look like the first day.  Wink

I cannot coment regarding Triton Studio. I´ve never seen a real one, only in photos.
Vesa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

Yup, the Trinity looks nice and tidy, with large areas without buttons.

(btw T.F.O, I received your Sample CD today and I'm happy with the choice of multisamples...glad to have it before it becomes illegal Wink Great work there !...a suggestion: open a yahoo forum for patch creating using these and  ROM multisamples)

Vesa

Roland JV-1010 / Triton-Rack 96MB / Trinity Plus PBS-TRI / Yamaha MOTIF6 64MB / Roland Fantom-XR 512MB / Yamaha MOXF6 1GB / Roland XV-3080 / Roland FANTOM-06 / Yamaha MODX6+ / E-mu Proteus 2000 / Roland XV-5080 128MB / Kross 1 / Kross 2
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2002 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Trinity Vs Triton: First Round Reply with quote

...But, by far, the fact that annoyed me is that the Classic Triton does´nt have any digital in / outs, even in a optional board....Wonder why....
ktpoly

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
. what is the options for trinity?
i read hear pbs sample hd?
what are they
how muny samples can i load to trinity?
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktpoly wrote:
hi
. what is the options for trinity?
i read hear pbs sample hd?
what are they
how muny samples can i load to trinity?

PBS-TRI - 8MB FlashROM playback sampler
SCSI-TRI - SCSI connectivity, for external PCG and SNG storage/loading.
HDR-TRI - support for an external SCSI hard-drive (or a chain of SCSI drives, up to 4Gb maximum) for 4-track recording - also includes 2 x mono 1/4" audio-inputs for recording to the hard-drive, S/PDIF I/O, and includes the SCSI-TRI as standard.
DI-TRI - 4-channel DAT optical-out, and word-clock input.

Playback Sampler = 8mb Flash ROM (non-volatile, unlike RAM).

It can contain a maximum of 100 multisamples (500 individual samples maximum), and 200 drum samples.

To be honest, unless you're doing single-cycle PCM modelling, you'll hit the 8mb ceiling long before reaching 100 multis. Smile

Some of Korg's official PBS-TRI soundsets used their proprietary 2:1 compression format, effectively allowing them to shoehorn twice as much data into the 8mb flash ROM (effectively giving 16mb uncompressed). Unfortunately this compression tool will never be made available to the public, so for us 8mb is the limit
ktpoly

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so if i want to load samples i need the pbs tri?
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktpoly wrote:
so if i want to load samples i need the pbs tri?

Yes. Also bear in mind it's a playback sampler - it can only play back samples - it can't actually "sample" (record) itself. So ideally you'd need a waveform editor like Wavelab or Sound Forge to prepare the samples prior to uploading them.

However, as the data is stored on FlashROM, any samples you upload will not be wiped after powering off. They're right there for use immediately any time you switch the synth on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: