Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About Roland?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: About Roland? Reply with quote

I have read several negative comments in the last 3-4 months (on various forums) about the Roland Fantom......electrical problems, poor customer service, etc. Is this just a Fantom problem, or Roland in general?

I've been happy with my old D-50--had it since 1988!
Kerzwhile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: About Roland? Reply with quote

Synthoid wrote:
I have read several negative comments in the last 3-4 months (on various forums) about the Roland Fantom......electrical problems, poor customer service, etc. Is this just a Fantom problem, or Roland in general?

I've been happy with my old D-50--had it since 1988!

I will say this even though I am NOT a fan of Roland, Except for my V-synth. they do make a GREAT product, build wise! There are way fewer Rolands in our service Dept. than any other brand! I have NEVER heard of this problem with the Fantoms!!
MY Weapons of choice: K2600X, Oasys88, PC3X, K2661, V-Synth, MotifESR, ZR-76, TS-12, VFX, EPS16+,ESQ-1, ESQ-1R, Emu Xtreme Lead, SCI Six Trak, HR-16, Kurzweil Mark 150 Baby Grand and 2 D1600's synced!!!
http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=kerzwhile
OmarNoori

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fantom rocks.. end of story Very Happy

Korg Pa800
amosaic4u

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i for one think roland is too elusive with info on the arx-fantom g..and it will kill sales. I will be looking at the korg m3m..or the g7 or xs7...and the fantom g looks nice but the lack of real info on arx future is turning me away.....if they had said that an analog type card like v synth or fm card like d50 can be added to add a whole new type of synth..i think this would really help sales( like the Radias for the m3 or the moss did for the triton)
musikforum

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys!
I think the ARX-feature is similar to Yamaha´s "Super ArticulationVoices" at the Motif-XS-Series, and these Voices cannot be added to older Yamaha-Synths also.

Maybe the most expensive thing with a synth today is the production of the cabinet and all the mechanics, so they have to sell boxes, and not expansion until the needable number of mechanical parts is sold!

Greetings Wink
Musikforum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: