Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tenori-On

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Tenori-On Reply with quote

Hi all.

Found this video last night and I thought it was pretty good. One of the clearest examples of what the Tenori-On can do.

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=5236

I don't know why but all along I thought that this thing didn't have a midi port. Well it does.
Makes for a sweet tool for designing loops.

Regards.
Sharp.
Voltan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean "roops" Laughing
looks cools Smile
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know to be honest.
I only know of about 3 places here in Europe that sell them.

Regards.
Sharp.
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutly...strange..!

I am more mystified every day with the new technical breakthroughs being brought to the market..What does such a thing cost??

John ellll Rolling Eyes
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ellll wrote:
Absolutly...strange..!

I am more mystified every day with the new technical breakthroughs being brought to the market..What does such a thing cost??

John ellll Rolling Eyes

700 Euro.
Generally even though the Euro is much stronger than the Dollar, it will still probably only cost 700 USD because your tax is much lower.

Regards.
Sharp.
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Thats a surprise indeed...,

'till I stop and think..you can buy a pretty good (performing...not long life...) DVD player for around $50-70 USA now...Electronics is one thing we get a good deal on, even in these somewhat hefty times!!

Thanks!! John ellll Rolling Eyes
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice toy!!!

BTW, without being "racist" in any way...Every day I'm looking at this kind of music toys coming out in the market. I've nothing wrong with good and easy interfaces, but I think that music is for musicians...I beleive that non-musicians have rights to make their own music, too, and a lot of great ideas are coming from non-musicians people...but well this sort of things make me beleive that the music market is market in the worst sense of the term!

regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
ellll
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deigo....

..I have spent much time on the question of music, and professional use vs whatever...

My biggest shock came when I began in the 70's to encounter people who, when comparing me, with 5 years of college, to the local bands on the beach...who took it up in hi school when I was studying...They are professional musicians...not me..Just ask anybody..

It is worth noting that many here have real concerns with "trad". music Ed..inc. a leader..., and a few close friends..as well as others that believe quite fairly that,...you could be out DOING, instead of studying theory...Both areas have their adherants..and advantages....BUT..

They both get us to simular goals..and that is music...

And in fact that may be in keeping with the orig. reason for the word profession..as it WAS a different view in early history..

But then I realized the real difference...A professional makes giant money...or almost no money!!!...the teacher, user, demonstrater, with a college degree..(or even two..), earns a living and at least eats..but also sometimes goes "professional"..(I did..and made a "little" money..)

And I knew I was angry about the recognition involved...much like for sports and movie figures...and means little in who you are. For this reason I now see that music IS for everybody... I am still jalous of the hot pop folks...right here on the forum...but I found out long ago, many are a bit jelous of me ... On a strictly utilitarian level for me...I can sit in with any band after a time of intro...and keep up and even sometimes do a few things worthwhile..Education is not wasted....

Now we have technicians making music...Hard to take initally...but I have become used to the idea...They are very good at invention and market..and I suspect it will continue...so I do listen...and maybe learn something...

All that is about personal issues...Music is for anyone, and I no longer care how "they" make it..I ENJOY it...I do wish it was all more "musical" in a traditional sense....but I am unsure that matters any now...and I enjoy hearing ANY music that has had an imput of thought and care ....and...love.

Just a few cents from and old "pro" and "teacher" I did both......John Very Happy Rolling Eyes
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you are finished playing, does the unit become the "Tenori-Off?"

Laughing
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synthoid wrote:
When you are finished playing, does the unit become the "Tenori-Off?"

Laughing

LOL
DrWho
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a trip - very interesting !!
musikforum

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Deigo!

I still hope that there IS a difference between "making music" and "playin music"!

I don not like those machine with that you are able of "making music" by performing prprogrammed phrases/sequences aso. And after seeing tenori-on at Frankfurt fair my opinion is that it is this kind of machine...

Greetings Wink
Musikforum
Diego
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you!

I love the fact music is accessible potentially to all people out there (as it must be available for everyone!) using this kind of music toys, but we must differentiate composers from performers...

BTW, I would love to go out from my musical mind to get into different ways of thinking: i.e., I see a lot of graphic designers which have a degree in philosophy, or lots of composers who studied math...In that way you can see different point of views you won't be able to see from just one side.

Regards

Korg M3 with EXB Radias & EXB-256 onboard
MOTU Traveler - iBook G4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: