Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to find my own sound
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike Smile
Damij

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome sound, Pecca!

someone mentioned in a previous post about the overall level of the bass, then they said they also turned it up a little too much as well.

lol well let me also admit i'm usually guilty of the same thing.

a general rule i've been trying to adopt lately is that at the moment the bass and kicks are at a level i absolutely love, i turn it down just a tad.

with bass, kicks and just plain low end sound in general, you can turn them back quite a bit without hurting your mix. they are the foundation and they will come through

if you feel like they are a little weak, try listening to them on as many different setups as you can. in my opinion, it helps when i try to imagine what my track would sound like in a club on a massive, powerful system. that's when cutting back the low end will really pay off.

Very Happy

sorry about all the typing lol

again, great stuff!

peace

www.myspace.com/damijmusic
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damij. Thanks for the listen. Glad you liked it.

Yep.. I agree.. bass level is a sucker ! In my headphones i think i get that "phaaat" sounding bass and it´s too loud for the most part Surprised

Trying to tweak my "projects" the way i like them and then turn down the bass level (until when i´m just "unsatisfied") Laughing

I really should get me a pair of monitors... Even if i only do this for fun atm it would be nice to get accurate audiofeedback.
Damij

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya monitors are next on my list, after i get enough saved up to build my workspace. sucks being broke most of the time lol

thank goodness for my reasonably priced headphones lol

Very Happy

www.myspace.com/damijmusic
pilot352

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pecca,

I think I might be in the minority here. The song is really good and the mix is balanced, but the "mastering" is just awful. It's way over compressed which is causing some serious "pumping" problems (not a good thing). Compression should be used carefully. I listened to it on three different systems and the pumping is real bad. Like I said, the music is fine so don't take offense at my comments. It's a very nice piece. It's just the final mastering that needs some serious work.

The lead in part just totally drops out when the cymbal riffs are added. Every time the bass hits, the levels of the rest of the song drops big time so it gives an impression of pumping.

Keep in mind, this is just an opinion.

So much gear... So little time!!!
Pecca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pilot352.
I don´t feel offended at all. I´m posting my stuff just to try to learn and every opinion/suggestion is welcome.

Here´s a remix wo the compression. Also did some minor adjustments to some synths (sounds) + removed some vocals. Some levels on the pad are too low and bass migh be on wrong level but...

Arrow http://www.pecca.se/audio/RU_Alrite_master2.mp3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mastering & Mixing All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: