Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X50's arpeggiator is not user-friendly:-(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khortoom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: X50's arpeggiator is not user-friendly:-( Reply with quote

OK I admit this is the 1st Korg I got ma hands on... don't know if other Korg synths arp. works the same way... Rolling Eyes
I think the arpeggiator's got a pivotal role in this synth, coz' to be able to play live, U gotta program Ur drum and bass background in arpeggiator... but even after reading all manuals and searching the net, still can't figure out some tiny things...
for example, when U program a drum in Arp, how do u assign different velocities to two different sounds beating at the same time? coz u decrease one all sounds in that column decrease too Confused why cant U draw a damn straight line of points in pc's editor with one mouse action? why do u have to click every sqare again and again?
Everything else regarding sound programming is superb thou, just can't maintain a sustained unhinderred enjoyment of the synth because of the arpeggiator Crying or Very sad Auu... and can't enjoy the bread and butter basic sounds (especially drums) coz' the factory guys while assuring U even hear the fish in the background when using seaside wave sounds... they didn't bother to put in some blues or other basic drum pattern Wacky
Any comments on the above?
Samjam

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree!!!!I`ve got the MicroX. I guess its the same kind of apreggiator. It really sucks to program it. The squares you need to mark with the mouse are so tiny , its hard to make a optical difference beetween the tones, and so on The presets are as well pritty s**t. I didnt checked all of them but they are sometimes so "hysterical" or cheap melodic programed, its a pitty for that good sounding instrument. Is it not possible for Korg to develope a better and userfriendly apreggio-editor?
Is there a posibility to replace the appreggi-patterns via PCG files? I hear about the posiibility to exchange Combis from Triton and Karma by loading there PCG files. Thats great!! But does it loads allthowg the apreggiator-pattern?
It would be good if you can store apreggio-patterns separatly with the editorsoftware on the PC.
Are the apreggios on Triton, Karma, Radias etc as well so shitty?
khortoom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree ! It also crossed my mind whether we could import some more humane arpeggiator pattern from PCG's...
You're on the right track... U can import PCG's from different higher end synths into X50... U can read which ones R those U can import from in the installed Editor's PDF p. 27 upwards (reach it from start menu). But be careful new "sounds" R not what U're gonna import, it's just settings... Sounds R replaced by X50 or microX's OWN !
Duuuuhhh, lol... let's make an "arpeggiator upload center for these synths on Google or Yahoo groups"
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: X50's arpeggiator is not user-friendly:-( Reply with quote

khortoom wrote:
but even after reading all manuals and searching the net, still can't figure out some tiny things...
for example, when U program a drum in Arp, how do u assign different velocities to two different sounds beating at the same time? coz u decrease one all sounds in that column decrease too Confused

Sorry but that is the design - every note on the same step plays at the same velocity. This is not unlike a lot of other step sequencer/arps.

Quote:

why cant U draw a damn straight line of points in pc's editor with one mouse action? why do u have to click every sqare again and again?

Sorry - it's a nice idea but nothing in the editor works that way currently. Thanks for the input though.

Regards,

Jerry
Samjam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: PCG-files Reply with quote

I`ve download now lots of PCG`s files and imported allreay some via the editor to my MicroX. The Problem is that you can not choose if you want only for example Bank A or just the apreggiator-pattern to be imported. Its replacing depending on the PCGfile everything or the fix banks that are written in that file. for example i just like some apreggiopattern from the new imported file but not the Combis o Programms in there, and i want to use it to an other Combi what i liked, but it was owerwritten by the new PCG import. How can i realizejust to import parts of the PCG? I found in the forum a comment, i think about the triton-editor where you can choose what bank, programm etc, you want to import from the new PCG file. Is this with the miicroX-editor allthow possible?
Thanks for an answer!
khortoom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx a lot Jerry for responding and caring about feedbacks. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: