Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

padkontrol preset problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pronetheus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: padkontrol preset problems Reply with quote

Hi...Nhe emb here having probs out the box. I can get the Padkontrol to make the basic key noise when you kind which port it nees, but I cannot load any presets into my padkontrol. I got to preset folder and transit current data, but it never works...I still get the same keys. Please help. Running xp
pronetheus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the grammar of my last post. Basically my korg will not play any of the preload scenes that come packaged with the software. The padcontrol will make the basic keyboard sounds when I pick port a, but other than that I go through the process of transmitting, and it appears to work, but when I hit the triggers on the pad, nothing but the same old keyboard sounds. I am running windows xp. Any help is greatly appreciated.
metastatik

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

padKontrol doesn’t make any sound. If you have a basic keyboard sound selected in you software, that’s the sound you will be playing regardless of what scene you have loaded on the pK. If you want to play a different sound, you have to select that in your software.

A scene is just a set of note/controller assignments to use with different programs/plug ins. If you wanted to play ReDrum in Reason for example, you’d load preload scene 21. That would set the pads up to correspond with the layout for ReDrum. But you’d need to have Reason running and ReDrum selected in order to use it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's what I mean. I try to load package #21 and it makes no sound whatsoever. I have done exactly what you have told me to, yet I still sound like a keyboard instead of drums...
metastatik

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you’re hearing keyboard sounds, you definitely did not select ReDrum…ReDrum doesn’t do keyboard sounds.

To select ReDrum, go to the bottom of Reason’s screen (where all the devices are listed) and click on the grayed out keyboard icon next to ReDrum.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I select redrum my triggers go silent. I have tried that but nothing happens. I can get the combinator to work but that's it.
metastatik

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m not really sure what the problem could be. But you’re saying only Combinator works for you? What happens if you select Subtractor or NN19?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how to explain it. It's like if I take off the combinator, It goes silent even when I try to go back to combinator. I have to reload rEASON FOR IT TO WORK AGAIN. If I go straight into reason, the combinator will work. But if I turn of combinator and go to redrum, I get nothing. It sucks because It seems like a neat little toy to start off with. DAMN IT! Your help is appreciated.
metastatik

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t really have anything else I could suggest. Maybe someone with more knowledge on Reason can help you out…I’ve really only used it a couple time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you use with the padkontrol?
metastatik

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ableton Live mainly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pronetheus wrote:
I don't know how to explain it. It's like if I take off the combinator, It goes silent even when I try to go back to combinator. I have to reload rEASON FOR IT TO WORK AGAIN. If I go straight into reason, the combinator will work. But if I turn of combinator and go to redrum, I get nothing. It sucks because It seems like a neat little toy to start off with. DAMN IT! Your help is appreciated.

With the Combinator, make sure the "____ Run" key thing is red [light up].

also, with RedRum, only a certain 10 notes work. I don't recall which specific 10, but google search and i'm sure you'll find the ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: