Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inputs/Outputs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Inputs/Outputs Reply with quote

What are the INDIV.OUT, and ST/MONO AUDIO IN, connections used for, what can i plug into those sources, i have my phono to jack lead connected to the L/mono output, and my mic connected to the right output
JunglistBE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indiv out is for outputting specified parts for example only the drum parts, you can set up these outputs in the menu of the "part edit" button.
ST/Mono audio in is ur input channel, connect ur audio source by jack. If ur using a mic turn the switch to MIC otherwise leave it to line.

cheers
rickis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing, i saw on youtube, a video of the korg emx the blue one, and the guy had 3 behringer effectors connected to it, it just sounded way cool,i'm just wondering if u can do the same with the korg sx. and if so where would the effects be plugged into,
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrmrm I guess on both machines you could do effect processing that way.... individual outs 3/4 to effects... effect's out to audio in (switch turned to line in). then just press the audio in thru button on both machines, this will make the signal come back into the tribe...
rickis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm just way confused now, i only want to add effects to the sx am not wanting to route 2 tribes together.
musikmachine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickis wrote:
i'm just way confused now, i only want to add effects to the sx am not wanting to route 2 tribes together.

Just apply that to one machine,i think ruso means you can do it on both that's all.Route cables from outs 3+4 into behringer fx,then route a cable from the behringers back into the audio in on your 'tribe,is that right Ruso,is the processed audio routed to the main outs?
anselmi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another use for the output (& inputs)

1. cue port: in a gig situation you can have some parts pre-assigned to outs 3/4 for pre-listening before you send them to the P.A.
the outputs are quite hi, almost to drive light headphones directly, but it´s better to have them thru a hp amp or some mixer channel that you could monitor independent from the main channels
sometimes i leave 1 synth or percussion part for live sequencing or jamming with the ribbon and pre-listening to it before hit the audience with some pathetic s**t Laughing

2. metronome for other musicians

3. drum compression without increasing tube noise of the main outs. just remember that outs 3/4 doesn´t pass thru the tube stage (and doesn´t pass thru the FX processors...shame)

4. TIP1: plug a short patchcord (like those to conect stompboxes together) between out 3 or 4 to the imput
then you could have some patterns in wich some parts are assigned to out 3/4 and then return to some synth part...this is very cool to process drums thru filters and the like...i use it to send the entire mix to a filter and gate for those decrescendo > crescendo parts
just remember that you have to assign input as the oscillator and place some gates in the sequencer in thata part in order to trigger the amp EG/gate. if you dont want to trigger the amp (just have it open) place a note in the firs step and edit the gate so it will be "pressed" for the amount of time you want to hera the input

5. TIP2: you could plug a mp3 player with some sustained sounds into the input and then use the sequencer to trigger it and the filters to make some synth textures...in some parts i have about 5 minutes of a sustained chord in the palyer and then gate it making some things the EMX couldn´t make from it oscillators...also sustained ambience textures works well...something tahta you doesn´t have to sync with the EMX, just plays it at anytime and have enough time running tu play with it...
inducejack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wondering if I can send outs 3 and 4 to send seperate drums or synth or is the same output out of both mono channels?
anselmi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inducejack wrote:
wondering if I can send outs 3 and 4 to send seperate drums or synth or is the same output out of both mono channels?

for every part you can choose between 2 STEREO buses

1 - the main 1 / 2 STEREO out
2 - the alternate 3 / 4 STEREO out...if you choose that for a part then you can use the the PAN control to send a drum or synth just to the 3 or the 4 MONO output

so, the alternate outs acts as a sigle STEREO pair or as two separate MONO outputs

since the samples are mono and so the synths then this is not a big restriction (remember that the FX, who can export a stereo image from a mono input, are note available for outs 3 /4)
inducejack

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smart thanks!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: