Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DRUM PLAY ...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reddone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: DRUM PLAY ... Reply with quote

I been thinking alot bout getting an electric drum set ( stand n pads first ) so that i can play drums for my MX n ES-1 .

I'm wondering if anyone has any experiance using them , and if they will trigger velocities from my Box's ( in the way that cubase does ) .

I'd love to get some good synth patterns into the sequencer then simply play out my kicks , snares n hats while recording . For me as a drummer i think it'd give me more freedom to get more accuratly get my rythms down .

So , anyone got ANY experiance using one of these things with MX or not ??
musikmachine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: DRUM PLAY ... Reply with quote

reddone3 wrote:
I been thinking alot bout getting an electric drum set ( stand n pads first ) so that i can play drums for my MX n ES-1 .

I'm wondering if anyone has any experiance using them , and if they will trigger velocities from my Box's ( in the way that cubase does ) .

I'd love to get some good synth patterns into the sequencer then simply play out my kicks , snares n hats while recording . For me as a drummer i think it'd give me more freedom to get more accuratly get my rythms down .

So , anyone got ANY experiance using one of these things with MX or not ??

I think the pads will be velocity sensitive whatever drums you choose.Good idea though,would a great way to play and record the drums into your sequencer Wink
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in a way, I sometimes do my rhythms with a trigger finger....

also pads are nice it's not a difficult setup, all you need is roland trigger -> midi converter box, it will have up to like 8 inputs for drum pads, which will be turned into midi, you can then set it up to trigger electribes parts by changing the note numbers........ the tough part will be recording the midi data into the electribe....
ultra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a solution to controlling the transport while drumming would be to use footswitches. there's a forum called midibox (www.midibox.org where people build various midi devices. you could build a small box with a few footswitches that enable/disable recording and start/stop play. just a thought.
reddone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for that boys .
I have a good idea how to put together my stuff from a kit .

The MX will record note data into song/pattern mode , the only problem is that if i play RIGID the grooves will record , but if i play with some swing/shuffle i'm not sure whether the Mx will record All my hit or just the straight timed beats . You know what i mean , its the same problem the arpeg has with swung beats/sounds.

Anyone found a solution for that yet ??? Sad
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sequence into ableton with no quantization.... then pass the midi into the esx..... you can have a LOT of possibilities with this one as an extra bonus.... like if you pass the sound from the esx back to ableton and compress your drums with a much nicer compressor...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: