Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editor V2 not working when Editor V1 did

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BirdFLU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Editor V2 not working when Editor V1 did Reply with quote

I just got a Radias secondhand. I hooked it up to my Mac (10.4.11) via USB and the editor worked fine. I saw the Radias OS was 1. something so I updated it to 2. The editor is also updated to version 2. Now the editor and the Radias won't talk via USB. I used the system profiler for OS X and it shows the Radias under USB devices. Memory protect on the Radias is off and the MIDI in and out ports are set to the Radias in the editor.

In other words nothing physically changed between my computer and the Radias but now the editor doesn't work.

Any ideas on what the issue is?
BirdFLU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and the Radias is set to receive sysex. I even tried using the version 1 editor again, but now it doesn't work either. I guess this means the problem is on the Radias.
Ears

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Did you update the usb and midi (2.0)drivers at the same time?
look for previous posts about this problem, many ppl had issues (me too)
with the install order of the driver updates.
Try This

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19757&highlight=update

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27862&highlight=update
BirdFLU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I waded through both of those threads. I've updated my Radias to 2.01 and updated the MIDI USB driver to 1.08r1 which, as far as I can tell, is the latest driver. Still, the Editor won't talk to the Radias via USB.

The editor sees the Radias because it lists the Radias as a choice when selecting the MIDI ports. If I unplug the USB cable, those choices go away. So if the editor sees the Radias, I guess the Radias doesn't see the editor for some reason.

Annoying because the editor Radias connection DID work with version 1 of everything.

At least the editor works over MIDI, so I'm not totally out of luck. But I'd like to get the USB working because it would be a little more convenient with the way my gear is hooked up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: