Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4X Tutorials
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smstome

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: Pa4X Tutorials Reply with quote

Last edited by smstome on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Any idea where the rest of the series might be? I couldn't find them on Korg's main site.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the youtube channel of KorgARD there is only this video, posted 4 hours ago, cant wayt to see more of these, shows obviously how much the OS has improved..
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this do harm to Korg's reputation as an international corporation? The fact that basically nothing released so far is in English (or any consistent language at all)?

One would have thought that a more prepared and considered rollout would show the mark of a professional company... particularly for their TOTL instrument.
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - dribs and drabs, the Korg way. Not the best way, but it hasn't seemed to hurt them thus far. It's the product that counts.
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
On the youtube channel of KorgARD there is only this video, posted 4 hours ago, cant wayt to see more of these, shows obviously how much the OS has improved..

Yup, Steve McNally's been at work. So the 'rest of the story' can't be too far away. Smile
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dikikeys wrote:
Does this do harm to Korg's reputation as an international corporation? The fact that basically nothing released so far is in English (or any consistent language at all)?

One would have thought that a more prepared and considered rollout would show the mark of a professional company... particularly for their TOTL instrument.

The main market for Korg arrangers is South east Asia, Middle East, Balkan.. I donth think they are wayting for English Videos
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it's French, German, Serbian, no consistency, no 'official' presentation...

It just seems to be 'Here you go... you guys deal with it how you feel like'!

We saw the initial reports seem to burst out in no official order, the demos and videos seem haphazard, varying qualities (even some that were blatant miming), no structure, no fanfare, no proud rollout. Almost as if it had leaked out unofficially.

This isn't the way Yamaha do it, or even how Korg USED to do it. It just feels so.... cheap and amateurish. Crying or Very sad
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dikikeys wrote:
But it's French, German, Serbian, no consistency, no 'official' presentation...

It just seems to be 'Here you go... you guys deal with it how you feel like'!

We saw the initial reports seem to burst out in no official order, the demos and videos seem haphazard, varying qualities (even some that were blatant miming), no structure, no fanfare, no proud rollout. Almost as if it had leaked out unofficially.

This isn't the way Yamaha do it, or even how Korg USED to do it. It just feels so.... cheap and amateurish. Crying or Very sad

Korg prommissed some demos in Oktober... I think thats when the official campaign is going to start..

To me personally it more feels like probing the reactions, so theey might end up chnaging specs if people are not happy enough..
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to imagine they could do an OS rewrite or change the hardware in a few weeks. The product is pretty much set, wouldn't you say?

This has the ring of Korg Japan being unable to control their subsidiaries, and everyone wanting to jump the gun in a mad scramble for pre-orders, IMHO...
gargy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

To me personally it more feels like probing the reactions, so theey might end up chnaging specs if people are not happy enough..

I have the same feeling...

Dikikeys wrote:
Hard to imagine they could do an OS rewrite or change the hardware in a few weeks. The product is pretty much set, wouldn't you say?

or they have already OS update ,just in case if is customers unhappy Very Happy .Just couple "unlocked" features... Twisted Evil
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gargy wrote:

or they have already OS update ,just in case if is customers unhappy Very Happy .Just couple "unlocked" features... Twisted Evil

Do twice the work, 'just in case'? Shocked

It's hard to imagine that there's a whole other level of functionality waiting for a simple, already done OS upgrade, but Korg are holding it back to see if the level of improvements they have made is sufficient for us now, and they can hold onto it for three years to be used on the next PA!

If there's one universal constant, it is that whatever they do will NEVER be 'enough', will never be 'sufficient'! Twisted Evil
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dikikeys wrote:
gargy wrote:

Do twice the work, 'just in case'? Shocked

It's hard to imagine that there's a whole other level of functionality waiting for a simple, already done OS upgrade, but Korg are holding it back to see if the level of improvements they have made is sufficient for us now, and they can hold onto it for three years to be used on the next PA!

If there's one universal constant, it is that whatever they do will NEVER be 'enough', will never be 'sufficient'! Twisted Evil

The current version we have seen is not final... Yet, even the specs have *might change before release, written a certain specs..

They might just add more memmory if to many people protest against there only being 400Gb... Or they might still add support for the pa3x compressed user samples..
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should remember that there are many 'KORGs' around the world. Most are independent sales companies that might have early access to tutorial videos before they are released by KORG. Just because the Bosnian sales company releases a captioned YouTube video doesn't mean it was authorized by KORG or any part of KORGs official roll-out.

Patience is a virtue! Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have however to criticize the touchscreen UI.. while it looks better then the PA3x. It seems Korg still has a lot to learn about touch screens interfaces..

just some quick remarks..

There is drop down menus all over. Drop down menus dont work that good. In IoS and Android you do not see them anymore, they have been replaced by other mechanics like a big pop up window with icons and text for selecting what you need.. this makes the selection a lot simpler trough a touchscreen, there are more choices visible and the icons to press are bigger.

Another thing is when changing the value of a knob onscreen, you have your finger over the knob and the value and its hard to see what your actuall new changed vallue is. This also can be changed with a small popup window in the screen showing the knob and vallue somewhere else on the screen not clouded with your big fat fingers..

There is to much windows mobile left in the UI, its not up to date with modern days touch interfaces. thats a pitty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: