Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG KIDDING US! PA3X IS BETTER THAN 4?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think that KORG PA4X worth buying?
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 29 ]
No
51%
 51%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 60

deliad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:13 am    Post subject: KORG KIDDING US! PA3X IS BETTER THAN 4? Reply with quote

Hi guys

there is something i have to say,

KORG is a company with over confidence, becuase it's the best seller of pro keyboards this era. and it makes me to ask

Why the f*ck*ng hell they kidding us?

PA3X has motorized screen with absolutely no mechanical bugs with it - PA4X has mechanical manual screen no motor!

PA3X has 3 MFX for keyboard upper tracks - PA4X has only 2!

PA3X reads and compresses LPCM - PA4X doesn't! - compressed sounds sets from pa3x won't load on the PA4X

Instead of f*ck*ng software small features like the keyboard set / kronos-like set list and all this useless s**t it looks to me just like pa3x le version 2

So , The only reason that we should buy it is JUST ONE! - KORG WILL LIMIT THE COMPATIBILITY OF PA4X SETS TO THE PA3X and will require us to upgrade without any practical reason!

I don't know what you thinking, I go to check the Roland E-A7 even if the sampler is 128MB if i go for new keyboard...

anyway , i would stay with my pa3x
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you feel this is not the right keyboard for you, what makes you obligated to buy one? You just answered your own question in a way. If a PA3x can do it all for you, then save yourself $4k and bam ...problem solved! Motorized screen? Big deal! Not sure about the compression option yet but that could piss some people off....but again they don't have to upgrade!

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
POLL: Do you think that KORG PA4X worth buying?

What's the point of this poll???
We don't even have access to the manuals yet.
With what I know so far it is certainly looking good.

I'll vote when I have the details and have a chance to actually play it.

As for the motorised screen - I'm actually glad the PA4X in "manual" - one less thing to wear out.
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
eli125

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: KORG KIDDING US! PA3X IS BETTER THAN 4? Reply with quote

deliad wrote:
Hi guys

there is something i have to say,

KORG is a company with over confidence, becuase it's the best seller of pro keyboards this era. and it makes me to ask

Why the f*ck*ng hell they kidding us?

PA3X has motorized screen with absolutely no mechanical bugs with it - PA4X has mechanical manual screen no motor!

PA3X has 3 MFX for keyboard upper tracks - PA4X has only 2!

PA3X reads and compresses LPCM - PA4X doesn't! - compressed sounds sets from pa3x won't load on the PA4X

Instead of f*ck*ng software small features like the keyboard set / kronos-like set list and all this useless s**t it looks to me just like pa3x le version 2

So , The only reason that we should buy it is JUST ONE! - KORG WILL LIMIT THE COMPATIBILITY OF PA4X SETS TO THE PA3X and will require us to upgrade without any practical reason!

I don't know what you thinking, I go to check the Roland E-A7 even if the sampler is 128MB if i go for new keyboard...

anyway , i would stay with my pa3x
I don't understand y u are so angry that u have to wright dirty words on a form where other people have to see it, plus that you are not right. I have problems from day of got my new pa3x with the motorized screen and manny other bugs like sts is changing somtimes whan I swich from one style to another the MP3 gets frozen sometimes in middle recording a mp3 file. So I'm losing the recording and I need to swich off the keyboard if not the frozen recording keeps on fleshing etc. u didn't see the keyboard live yet who says its not working with lpcm who says it's not good who says its buggy. so y r u so that u have to write dirty words without knowing befor if it's true or not. take it easy young man. if u like it get it if not don't. if u don't have the $4500 it might still be a good keyboard. I don't have the money and I'm still happy for others I wish god will help me to afford it. but talking not nice words. or even just words on someone's business and make them lose money on a hardworking keyboard thy worked for us,even thy are making money. I personnel think it's not right whait till it's coming out than look at it and judge I'm sorry if I hurt you I didn't mean you personnel I'm wrihting this for everyone that can't take the fact that korg made a new nice keyboard even we don't have the $4500 for it.if it's good it's good lets wait till it comes out and judge then. agen I'm surry
eli125

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:
POLL: Do you think that KORG PA4X worth buying?

We don't even have access to the manuals yet.
With what I know so far it is certainly looking good.

I'll vote when I have the details and have a chance to actually play it.

As for the motorised screen - I'm actually glad the PA4X in "manual" - one less thing to wear out.
manuals at http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/516/
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sam,
If you feel this is not the right keyboard for you, what makes you obligated to buy one?

+1
Quote:
karmathanever

+1
Quote:
eli125
I don't understand y u are so angry that u have to wright dirty words on a form where other people have to see it, plus that you are not right.

+1
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eli125 wrote:
manuals at http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/516/

This Pa4X Quick Guide has nothing more to say , experts keep on expecting for Advanced Edit Manual that will
show details of Pa4X Hardware & software features to come to final conclusion !
I think this Poll can be interesting after some more votes and though deliad's angry mood , what he said is
absolutely considered until Advanced Edit Manual will be released.

The fact is that Pa4X finally has a decent factory library (5.1 GB PCM) to defeat it's main competitor , Tyros 5 with a fine
Korg's arranger release ready to serve any plug & play international Musician needs as was done before with T5.
But for an advanced user or developer who is using custom PCM resources , Pa4X compared to Pa3X do not seem
to fulfill his needs a step beyond as expected but unlike some significant features of Pa3X seems that have been vanished !

BTW:the new screen you all seem to like , is very thin , can easily break with the slightest slap , has
capacitance function that means it can work only with moisture (conductive materials) so "nails" and sticks are
excluded plus the fact that position memory launch servo-motor system had a cost value as a part and was extracted !

As an epilogue , I strongly believe that we have to discuss further after Pa4X Advanced Edit Manual release.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
deliad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: people here seems to be addicted or Biased to KORG Reply with quote

people here seems to be addicted or Biased to KORG, and that's explains why korg don't even trying to make some new era keyboard - some linux PC based like the kronos - or even listening to the requests of us - the users , the buyers.

as my friend antony sharmman said, the screen is very thin and easy to brake , as someone that repairs korg keyboards, i'm expecting for alot of work repairs, which is good for me as a repair guy, but not as a user.

also the thing of making old advantages from the pa3x as disadvantages on pa4x , like 2 to MFX instead of 3 MFX and the lpcm support removal , this is makes the pa3x user why to upgrade, look at the specs, there is no something meaningful that worth the making new keyboard , but just taking money from people.

anyway , this my idea, just wanted to share with you.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deliad

I understand your frustration but it is misdirected. If you don't think this new keyboard offers good value for money then simply don't buy it. If Korg don't sell enough of them they will offer greater value next time or move into making cheap and cheerful products like guitar tuners or toy keyboards they can sell at premium prices like the yamaha reface Smile .

I have the old (ancient Korg PA1X ). I was not tempted by the 2X or 3X as I did not feel the upgrade justified the price . Specs mean nothing and features maybe a little more so, but my ears are the decision maker when it comes to spending ££££'s on a musical instrument . To my mind it makes little sense to spend so much money all over again considering you would be getting 80% of what you already have . In my case many of the styles in the PA2X,3x and now 4X are already in my 10 year old Korg PA1X , and to my ears, the cost does not justify the bits I don't have that are nice , but dont make much difference to the ease with which I can make music. That logic still applies to the KorgPA4X and its highly unlikely I will " upgrade " But I wont be cursing or stamping my foot about it. I am too busy making great music with what I have !!!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to interfere in this , but the frustration of a Korg client for a newer product is totally reasonable
for the obvious reason that he wants to replace the older with the newer , that's why we protest here !
I really don't give a dime for value for money , I just want to develop an arranger in the best possible
way with really nowadays features in any cost and now it seems that I have to wait for 3-4 years more
to see the real Flagship Arranger that only KorgPa can develop !
Therefore our real issue here is that we demand a more featured Korg arranger than this in 2015-16 year !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Veren

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antony...well said.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Sorry to interfere in this , but the frustration of a Korg client for a newer product is totally reasonable
for the obvious reason that he wants to replace the older with the newer , that's why we protest here !
I really don't give a dime for value for money , I just want to develop an arranger in the best possible
way with really nowadays features in any cost and now it seems that I have to wait for 3-4 years more
to see the real Flagship Arranger that only KorgPa can develop !
Therefore our real issue here is that we demand a more featured Korg arranger than this in 2015-16 year !

We have to wayt and see if there are some hidden features...

But so far it seems that the pa4x disspaoints me with

- polyphony, with the improved pianos should have been 256 like every €1000 stage piano out there
- effects, only 1 insert effect shared by all 4 keyboards parts? They kidding me? And 2 master effects?
- no 2nd split (according to the manuall)
- only 4 keyboard parts ( we all are ready for 8 )
- user memmory at 400 Mb sounds like 1999, why didnt they implement the Kronos SSD streaming technollogy
- the visuall interface (screen) looks like 1999 to, just compare it to tyros 5 and Ketron SD7 and weap, this is something i could live with if the functionallity is okay..
- no knobs (encoders) for real time controll of parameters when playing modern music.

Yes some of the demos sound good, but in 2016, people are expecting more
usaraiya

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sense mixed feelings on the release of our new flagship arranger.

Disappointment, anger, frustration.

No new releases will fulfill everybody's needs, and we have this new KB which is feature rich. Wouldn't it be better to rationalize and enjoy what we have to its fullest extent, as, whether we like it or not, we are stuck with it for the next 4-5 years!

I have ordered mine for delivery in October.

Smile

Uday
SKung

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally like the new PA4X. For me the sample compression from the PA3X was a setback to device compatibility.
I own a PA2X and a Kronos and can seamless transfer samples from the PA2X to the Kronos and back (if there is enough RAM).

Unfortunately I was not able to load multisamples made with the PA3X Sad

Now I'm looking forward to try multisamples and drumkits for the PA4X Smile
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usaraiya wrote:
Wouldn't it be better to rationalize and enjoy what we have to its fullest extent, as, whether we like it or not, we are stuck with it for the next 4-5 years!
I have ordered mine for delivery in October.

I wish I had your confidence (and money Wink )

I think that we all need those detailed specs and also a chance to touch, feel and listen.
I could never commit that amount of money to a complex product like this without actually playing it.
So I guess I won't actually make a decision for many many months. Plus according to the pricing discovered so far, the price here will come out between AUD$6,000-7,000.
Tyros 5 is a little less than that but not by much.

Anyhow, I'm happy to wait for now.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: