Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Pa4x
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eberdimarti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Korg Pa4x Reply with quote

...hey friends, any news about korg pa4x? Laughing
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Pa4x Reply with quote

eberdimarti wrote:
...hey friends, any news about korg pa4x? Laughing

No, because if there was, this forum would be booming..
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idle speculation. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we actually know it is going to be "PA4X"?
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

No...

And with the 88 key version of the PA series named Havian, there is enough reason to doubt the PA4x name
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
karmathanever wrote:

No...

And with the 88 key version of the PA series named Havian, there is enough reason to doubt the PA4x name

The lines between arrangers, pianos, and workstations maybe are being blurred. That would indicate a new genre and name. Although Korg is not being pressed into developing anything new because of breakthroughs from the likes of Yamaha or Roland.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitecrawler wrote:
Bachus wrote:
karmathanever wrote:

No...

The lines between arrangers, pianos, and workstations maybe are being blurred. That would indicate a new genre and name. Although Korg is not being pressed into developing anything new because of breakthroughs from the likes of Yamaha or Roland.

I have been begging for a Stage piano with both a fullfledged workstation and an Arranger inside for years... combined with full DAW integration..
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

I have been begging for a Stage piano with both a fullfledged workstation and an Arranger inside for years... combined with full DAW integration..

There's been a number of developments that covered all these areas in one single unit.... of which none survived. I believe they all went bankrupt!

Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
Bachus wrote:

There's been a number of developments that covered all these areas in one single unit.... of which none survived. I believe they all went bankrupt!

Well, that was because of all these keyboards non got above average... And they where all based on VSTs...

I am not talking VST, it would be more like a Kronos with build in Pa3x styles and the DAW integration of the Motif series from Yamaha, in a stage piano package...( tough, the formfactor of the K2 88 comes very close to stage piano) Which is a combination not ever build before.. There is allways a trade off... Like with the havian where they add the lowest level arranger to a stage piano... Actually its never been sold before in this form.

There is only 3 companies in the world that could do this, and none of them ever tried... Okay, maybe Wersi could if they sold an 88 key version of their new OAX system, but that would likely be to much organ and not enough workstation.. But thats about how far it goes when it comes to companies having the knowledge and inhouse technollogy and resources to build this.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

Well, that was because of all these keyboards non got above average... And they where all based on VSTs...

Wrong! That goes to show how LITTLE you know about those units. Unlike you I've actually owned and worked with at least 2 of them for a number of years and also have read their forums on daily basis (till they were gone), so I know a lot about these "All in one" keyboards.

In short, they tend to be super expensive and heavy. Also Workstation and Arranger users don't have much in common. The idea of paying for something you'll never use is not exactly easy to sell. Eventually, some more advanced DAW integration will find its way into the PA series but I'm not expecting anything mind boggling. Arranger users are generally simple musicians with less advanced needs.

Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
Bachus wrote:

Wrong! That goes to show how LITTLE you know about those units. Unlike you I've actually owned and worked with at least 2 of them for a number of years and also have read their forums on daily basis (till they were gone), so I know a lot about these "All in one" keyboards.

In short, they tend to be super expensive and heavy. Also Workstation and Arranger users don't have much in common. The idea of paying for something you'll never use is not exactly easy to sell. Eventually, some more advanced DAW integration will find its way into the PA series but I'm not expecting anything mind boggling. Arranger users are generally simple musicians with less advanced needs.

I am getting tired of these stories about instruments getting much more expensive if they add features they allready developed for other instruments...

If Korg would add arranger styles to Kronos, the development and hardware costs would be very minimal, because the software to do so is allready developed for the PA series and it can run on the new platform with minimal effort...

What makes feature development really expensive is developing new features, like for example a new synth engine for Kronos..

And yes, i refuse to react to your direct attack on me... Having owned both a mediastation, and a wersi abacus i think i know where i am talking about. And base my experience on those. The mediastation was unreliable, and the mega sampler soundset was average at best.. And stylewise it lagged beyound the totl arrangers of that time.. Reason it failed was because the owner of lionstracs never pushed his company to professional standards.

And yet again, i was not talking about a workstation that has on board VSTs but about a workstation that has a more traditional soundsource like like the kronos, or even the pa3x.. And build from there.. Al those so called megastation didnt come with the content that makes both current workstations (kronos karma, morif arp) and arrangers (styles, pads) so incredibly popular with home players.. And OMBs
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF and I repeat "IF" Korg was to sit down one day and say "OK guys, enough is enough, let's get everything in one keyboard - a Kronos-PA4X"

Whilst it would seem to in theory be the ultimate solution there are 2 things that would concern me:-
1. the cost
2. the physical size of even a 61 key version - where would you place all the necessary control surface buttons/sliders etc..etc.. to keep everyone happy.

Anyhow - it isn't gonna happen I know and I have to agree with Sam
Quote:
Also Workstation and Arranger users don't have much in common. The idea of paying for something you'll never use is not exactly easy to sell. Eventually, some more advanced DAW integration will find its way into the PA series but I'm not expecting anything mind boggling. Arranger users are generally simple musicians with less advanced needs.

Although I'm not offended by "simple musician" I know what he means.
In general the needs of an arranger player are significantly different to the needs of a workstation player.

OK, YES, I know that there are a few needy people on this forum and I respect that.

Personally I have found owning the Kronos and PA3X an absolutely perfect solution - alright, I am not into a huge amount of tweaking and yes, I do avoid using PC/Mac for sequencing - but I also find that there is very little duplication with these 2 keyboards - chalk and cheese but SO SO good together.
If you're at all curious, go get a an original used Kronos (cheap!!) - update it to latest version and you effectively have a KK2!!

Anyhow, just my opinion - we all have different needs.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Personally I have found owning the Kronos and PA3X an absolutely perfect solution - alright, I am not into a huge amount of tweaking and yes, I do avoid using PC/Mac for sequencing - but I also find that there is very little duplication with these 2 keyboards - chalk and cheese but SO SO good together.
If you're at all curious, go get a an original used Kronos (cheap!!) - update it to latest version and you effectively have a KK2!!

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

My route is similar. I have the PA3XLE and an Oasys 76 and love them both. To have one keyboard that integrated the advantages of these two keyboards would be great. Since that is not really currently practical, I would be satisfied with better DAW integration, the possibility of direct from hard disk streaming, more outputs and increased computer connectivity. If not possible, I will soldier on with what I have available to me now. After all, it's not always the tools you have but rather how you use what you have. Wink

Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

I agree that a totl arranger combined with a Kronos is a great combo... espescially if one of the Boards is 88 (Kronos) keys and the other is 76 (Tyros)....

However, i really would have loved to see it all integrated in a single 88 key instrument.

My biggest gripe currently is that the arranger is not on the lower spot.. since i mostly play the 88 keys, i would have loved to have the arranger controlls direct on that.. having to reach over to the top keyboard, often just takes to long for fast switches, and you just cant do everything with your pedals..
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
karmathanever wrote:

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

I agree that a totl arranger combined with a Kronos is a great combo... espescially if one of the Boards is 88 (Kronos) keys and the other is 76 (Tyros)....

However, i really would have loved to see it all integrated in a single 88 key instrument.

My biggest gripe currently is that the arranger is not on the lower spot.. since i mostly play the 88 keys, i would have loved to have the arranger controlls direct on that.. having to reach over to the top keyboard, often just takes to long for fast switches, and you just cant do everything with your pedals..

If your most concern is have 88 keys with all controllers direct on board get midi controller, good one, my suggest Akai Professional MPK88 http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MPK88
I own myself MPK49 and I can take over more controls that on Korg Pa600, almost everything (still working how controls Pads).
Technically I can have more access that any arranger, for example can program under buttons call for any sound, performance, style, STS from different style.. etc
If I assign Global channel to Global Korg channel is like playing korg on extra keys, means all Lower and Uppers sounds.
All controls, preset can be adjust in real time on fly.
Midi controller give you full custom programming, you decide which and where assign set your controls.
MPK 88 give you:
    88-key fully weighted, hammer-action keyboard with aftertouch for expressive melodic creativity
    4 times 16 pads with pressure and velocity sensitivity
    3 banks of 8 buttons
    3 banks of 8 knobs
    3 banks of 8 faders
    All can be fully customizing, can send Control Change or Program Change on any channel
    On top of this you have 30 preset
    Keyboard split
    Apreggiator with Latch

...or wait for Kronos-PA4X, which more likely never happen. Wink
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: