Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Selling My Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beastly61

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Selling My Kronos Reply with quote

Guys - not sure whether this is the right section to place this in, so apologies if it's not. I'm moving overseas and the taxes I'd have to pay on my electronics are hideous at best. So, I'm selling my Kronos. It was purchased this past February and I'm selling it with the SKB good road case (with wheels). IM me if you're interested please and I'll send you pictures, etc. and we can discuss price. I'll be back on the forum after I get another one in Dubai.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked local prices? Because at least in Europe we pay so much more for them that it might still be worth bringing yours.
Niarf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you pass in France, I can sell my Kronos X 88 =)
Ableton Push
Where's my Kronos ?
metallo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you pass in Ireland I can buy your Kronos Smile
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Selling My Kronos Reply with quote

beastly61 wrote:
Guys - not sure whether this is the right section to place this in, so apologies if it's not. I'm moving overseas and the taxes I'd have to pay on my electronics are hideous at best. So, I'm selling my Kronos. It was purchased this past February and I'm selling it with the SKB good road case (with wheels). IM me if you're interested please and I'll send you pictures, etc. and we can discuss price. I'll be back on the forum after I get another one in Dubai.

I dont think when moving from one country to another you need to pay import taxes on the stuff you allready own..

Those taxes are only apliable in most countries when you sell stuff overseas..
adamburgess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my Kronos 61 in Dubai along with a Nord Stage 2. Last time I took them to the UK, even though they were classed as 'personal effects' on a temporary visit there, I still had to pay around £80 import into the UK. Dubai's export charges are sketchy at best!

Paid around £1800 here in UAE for my K61. Don't know how that does compare to UK prices...
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamburgess wrote:
I bought my Kronos 61 in Dubai along with a Nord Stage 2. Last time I took them to the UK, even though they were classed as 'personal effects' on a temporary visit there, I still had to pay around £80 import into the UK. Dubai's export charges are sketchy at best!

Paid around £1800 here in UAE for my K61. Don't know how that does compare to UK prices...

Strange, overhere in Holland, as long as you can proove you are the owner you dont need to pay import taxes.. Unless you sell it.. Because otherwise, you had to pay for every camera or iphone you moved over the border
adamburgess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. It was strange. Maybe I just don't know enough about it? Was fine bringing them back to UAE. No charges. This was the first time I had shipped things myself. Every other one has been part of a contract and I've never had to worry about it.

I do wish I had known the rules better about claiming VAT back on items that were bought from the EU... €1000 worth of Gibraltar rack gear for my stand and 3x keyboard flight cases from Thomann on the last shipment.

Next time!

Adam
jones

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:09 am    Post subject: refund Reply with quote

That import duty, plus any VAT is refundable when leaving the UK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: