Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Korg M1 Editor/Librarian Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam..korg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: New Korg M1 Editor/Librarian Software Reply with quote

sunriser111671 wrote:
I am currently working on a PC-only editor/librarian software for the Korg M1 hardware synth.

It is still a work in progress, but I have enough completed to ,hopefully, get some people to test it out and give feedback, bug reports, suggestions, etc.

Link to software:

http://bakyardsoft.com/bakyard/M1EditorLib002Setup.exe

PC Requirements:

Windows 7/8/10
    .NET 4.5 or higher (free download from Microsoft. Flex installer wil install this automatically!)

What it can do (currently):

Open Program or ALL Data Syx files to view Programs only.
    Use the M1 Data Dump to capture current Programs in the M1.
    Edit All parameters in a gui interface including all FX assignments.
    Online or Offline editing (Online editing synchronizes edits from software to M1 so edits can be auditioned real-time or Offline allows editing of just the project)
    Individual Program download or Bulk download.
    Save updated project to .SYX for compatibility of other MIDI utilities (MIDI-OX)
    Handles 100/100 or 50/50 memory allocation.
    Other odds and ends to make editing in M1 more intuitive

What it can't do (but will soon):

Open/Edit/Save Combis
    Open/Edit/Save Global
    Open/Edit/Save Sequence data
    Librarian features for copy/cut/paste or re-orginization of M1 projects
    Card Data implementation

I don't have a help file yet, but most of the software should be pretty intuitive. If you need more help, let me know here and I'll whip up a tutorial video on basic usage.

Hopefully, there's still a few M1 owners who can help me get this software off the ground.

Thanks!

Hello!
Thank you for the wonderful job! I am personally looking for a mixing differernt syx based on my needs. Assume that I want to make collection of the soundss from syx that I need. So I want to make a new syx that I could define which patch from which files sit in the file based on the order that I chose from the patch. Is there any software for korg M1 that has such capaibility? or is it possible to update you application to do such?

Many thanks!

Best regards,
Sam
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: New Korg M1 Editor/Librarian Software Reply with quote

sam..korg wrote:

Hello!
Thank you for the wonderful job! I am personally looking for a mixing differernt syx based on my needs. Assume that I want to make collection of the soundss from syx that I need. So I want to make a new syx that I could define which patch from which files sit in the file based on the order that I chose from the patch. Is there any software for korg M1 that has such capaibility? or is it possible to update you application to do such?

Many thanks!

Best regards,
Sam

@sam..korg,

My software can already do what you're looking for.

All you need to do is open each syx file and add the ones you want to the Library (right-click "Send To Library"). After you complete adding all PROGs and COMBIs to the library, create a New project, drag all the desire PROGs and COMBIs from the Library to the new project slots. Save as SYX.

IMPORTANT! While checking this functionality, I found a bug that was causing the app to crash. It happens when a PROG is copied from the library to a PROG slot and then the OSC tab is clicked. That has been fixed in the new version below.

New version 0.2.2:

http://bakyardsoft.com/bakyard/FlexEditorM1_022Setup.exe
sam..korg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: New Korg M1 Editor/Librarian Software Reply with quote

sunriser111671 wrote:
sam..korg wrote:

Hello!

Many thanks!

Best regards,
Sam

@sam..korg,

My software can already do what you're looking for.

All you need to do is open each syx file and add the ones you want to the Library (right-click "Send To Library"). After you complete adding all PROGs and COMBIs to the library, create a New project, drag all the desire PROGs and COMBIs from the Library to the new project slots. Save as SYX.

IMPORTANT! While checking this functionality, I found a bug that was causing the app to crash. It happens when a PROG is copied from the library to a PROG slot and then the OSC tab is clicked. That has been fixed in the new version below.

New version 0.2.2:

http://bakyardsoft.com/bakyard/FlexEditorM1_022Setup.exe

Wow Thank you. It looks I dowloaded the first version of your work. With the new one it is working great!
today I spend all the days to figure out how could I move patches to a new Syx file but stucked!
amazing work man!
Thank you!

Best regards,
Sam from Sweden!
sam..korg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@sunriser111671:

I could not change the patch number in the library yet.. I am not sure if I do not know how to do it or your editor does not have this feature yet. For example I sent patch number 3,6,8 from one syx file to the library but I want to change their patch number based on what I want like the below :

Patch 3 becomes 1
patch 8 becomes 2
patch 6 becomes 3

Thanks
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@sam..korg

After you have your PROGs in the library, create a NEW PROJECT (Upper left button).

You should have a factory INIT PROG/COMBIs.

Go to the Library (Make sure you're toggling the upper right toggle button from "EDITOR" to "LIBRARIAN").

Click and drag your library PROGS (and COMBIS if desired) to the new project. Click "SAVE TO SYX FILE". Viola!

I just tested it myself and everything works fine.
reginaldworthington

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:57 am    Post subject: Your M1 Software Reply with quote

Hello,

I've just come onto this forum looking for some solutions for my M1 that's recently come out of mothballs after many years.

I had downloaded your version .009A and it installed and opened fine. I was about to reply to you to thank you and ask if there was any documentation now as to operations when I noticed that there was a 02.2 version now in 2020. So I'm wondering if that is the most current version of this app?

One note, I tried to install this instead and my Windows 10 came up with warning there is some issue, so I chose option not to proceed. I see others on the string have had some issues they thought was a virus as well. Any updates on this?

I'd very much like to try latest version but will wait for your feedback on this as I don't want to run into issues on my computer if possible.

Thanks in advance.
Reg
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@reginaldworthington:

Yes, at this time, 0.2.2 is the current version.

As far as documentation, I never did create any. Most people have been able to pick up on it fairly quickly (actually, you're the first one to request it!). Try it out if you're interested and message here if you have any issues.

As far as Virus warnings, it appears it was falsely flagged by one of the virus apps but was cleared when my app was submitted (check this message thread to see more info on this). Also, the program is not widely used, so you'll get the potential unsafe program warning. You can click "Run Anyway" to still install the app.

My app does not change the windows registry, or install services and anything else intrusive. It just creates a folder with my software and a shortcut link.

Actually, there is one thing else it may do upon installation: it will check your version of .NET for Windows and prompt you to update it via Microsoft if it is out-of-date.

If you have any misgivings, don't use it! This software, and the T1 version, are really just hobby programs I created and should be treated as such.

Best of luck on your M1 revival!
reginaldworthington

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Your M1 software Reply with quote

Thanks so much for getting back to me. I’ll go ahead and download that latest version then and Have a go with it.

It looks like quite useful application and could probably be adapted for a number of current use cases today.

Will come back to this thread to let you know how I’ve done (or maybe a question if I’m stuck) and thanks again.

Reg
mediterrano

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flex Editor crashes the moment I start Cubase.
And when Cubase is already running when I start Flex Editor, it crashes while starting.
Why is that?
Isn't it possible to use it side by side with Cubase?
Jonathon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:19 pm    Post subject: M1 files Reply with quote

Just thankyou I have spent so much time over so many years doing this stuff ,trying everything and give up ,Once again my unique M1 ,in the throws of conversion to a M1 plug-in to a baby baby strung grand double strung composit piano for the Young midi world fails to switch on ,this 1st time ,unable to fix it I just got a faulty one on e-Bay and now mostly working again.. So back in the flow, trying to recover my HONKY-TONK file , ox stalled me and found you, and seen the file listed I saved 3+ years ago, way-hay,, hope you like my piano when I get it posted Jon,,,
ubuntourist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunriser111671

In 1993, I wrote a program in C for the Atari 1040-ST to dump and load the memory of Korg M1 synthesizers. I didn't own a synthesizer at the time -- and still don't. This was a project for a composer / university professor. I've long-since forgotten the code.

But... I kept all the data files, and the manual.

Now, I'm trying to write something that will roughly approximate the synthesizer -- VERY roughly. The goal (fantasy? Wink) is to extract as much information from the ALL DATA DUMP files, roughly apply whatever parameters I can to the closest SounFont instruments I can find, get the timing of stuff right, and play back the sequences from the files.

I feel I'm making good progress, but that's probably because I'm underestimating the distance I still need to travel. Then I found this forum, and this topic.

I'm on a Linux box, and hoping to stay away from Wine. Not wild about .NET, but in a pinch, might try the dotnet-sdk package. (Not interested in snaps or flatpaks if I can avoid them.)

Is the source for your beastie out there anywhere?

Other tips? Currently, doing stuff in Python 3, but in my other fantasy I'm going to learn enough Rust to become dangerous there... (I've forgotten what little C I knew, and never learned C++, Java, etc. But I still know FORTRAN and a few different ancient mainframe assembly languages. Wink)

Thanks.
mediterrano

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 2:05 pm    Post subject: Free open-source SysEx librarian and editor Reply with quote

LIBRARIAN
https://forum.sequential.com/index.php?topic=4237.0

EDITOR
https://synthanatomy.com/2021/04/edisyn-open-source-cross-platform-synthesizer-editor-is-out-now.html

Currently, they do not support M1 but they might do so in the future, esp. if the developers see how many M1 users are still out there.

Question:
What about Flex Editor? No updates for a long time. Did it become abandonware?
mediterrano

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:53 am    Post subject: Flex Editor M1 (the latest version (0.2.2) crashing on start Reply with quote

I have the Flex Editor M1 (the latest version (0.2.2) running on Win 11 Pro.

It crashes immediately upon starting.

The windows event log has the following entries:

Application: Wpf-M1EditorLib.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: Devart.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException

at Devart.Data.SQLite.a9.b(Devart.Data.SQLite.bw)

at Devart.Data.SQLite.a9.d(Devart.Data.SQLite.bw)

at Devart.Data.SQLite.bw.b()

at Devart.Data.SQLite.ai.i()

at Devart.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.c()

at Devart.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.InternalExecute(System.Data.CommandBehavior, System.IDisposable, Int32, Int32)

at Devart.Common.DbCommandBase.InternalExecute(System.Data.CommandBehavior, System.IDisposable, Int32, Int32, Boolean)

at Devart.Common.DbCommandBase.ExecuteDbDataReader(System.Data.CommandBehavior, Boolean)

at Devart.Common.DbCommandBase.ExecuteDbDataReader(System.Data.CommandBehavior)

at Devart.Common.DbCommandBase.ExecuteNonQuery()

at  .(Wpf_M1EditorLib.ObservableDictionary`2<System>)

at -.lIiIlili1l1i.(System.String)

at -.lIiIlili1l1i.(System.Object, System.EventArgs)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherTimer.FireTick(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)

at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)

at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)

at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)

at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)

at -.l1lilliIililI.()

------------------------------------------

Faulting application name: Wpf-M1EditorLib.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ef130d7

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2715, time stamp: 0xcc3ea002

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x00149132

Faulting process id: 0x0x287C

Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA1ACC8B4484FF

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Flex Editor M1\Wpf-M1EditorLib.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 6a618986-e46c-4733-b4a7-3096715f132b

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: Flex Editor M1 (the latest version (0.2.2) crashing on s Reply with quote

mediterrano wrote:
I have the Flex Editor M1 (the latest version (0.2.2) running on Win 11 Pro.

It crashes immediately upon starting.

The windows event log has the following entries:

Application: Wpf-M1EditorLib.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: Devart.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException

at Devart.Data.SQLite.a9.b(Devart.Data.SQLite.bw)

at Devart.Data.SQLite.a9.d(Devart.Data.SQLite.bw)

at Devart.Data.SQLite.bw.b()

at Devart.Data.SQLite.ai.i()

at Devart.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.c()

at ...

@mediterrano Sorry for the long delay in my reply. I have not been on this forum for a long time. I just tried installing Flex Editor M1 to a Win 11 VM and it loads the program fine. For what I can see on the error message, you may want to check if all the Files and folders are in the C:/Flex Editor M1 folder. Here is a screen shot:

mediterrano

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi @sunriser111671 thx for replying.
yes all the files are in the folder.
But I have the program installed in C:\Program Files\Flex Editor M1 folder.
Could this be the reason??

UPDATE: I just figured out that I just have to run the program as administrator (probably because it is installed into C:\Program Files\)
Problem solved))
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: