Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to set up Plugin Editor 3 with Cubase 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brau10

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: How to set up Plugin Editor 3 with Cubase 8 Reply with quote

I have updated my Kronos X to 3.0.3, as well the Editor to 3.0.0. Everything works fine as long as I’m using the stand alone Editor. The drivers and setup seems to be ok as well. The communication between Editor and Keyboard works also.
Problem: When starting Cubase 8 and adding VST instrument, selecting Korg Kronos v3 from the list, everything is ok so far. Now, pressing the button “Add Track”, then the following message pops up, “AutoSense MIDI Ports Setup” There are currently no MIDI IN ports selected for use with this program. Please click ‘ok’ in order to select the ports you will use with your device…..
By following the advice, clicking OK the Korg Kronos v3 window is popping up on screen as in normal case, but there is no communication with the Kronos keyboard.
Editor windows pops up, saying: "The Korg Kronos v3 Global editor has no data." Selecting GET to request data from the instrument, nothing happens. I’m using the USB connection.
If I try to record midi from the keyboard to Cubase, it seems that some midi information is received but very badly with key delays, missing keys and with no ends on the pressed keys (long tones).
Where is the problem?
Where can I select the required MIDI Ports?

The Korg Kronos v3.dll (1532 kB) file is in folder VSTPlugins.
Using Windows 7 64, SSD disk, Cubase 8 64, Steinberg MR816csx, All sw and drivers are updated.
Thank you, Brau10
Very Happy
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VST editor does not work in a 64 bit host.
pacalou52

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I could synch in Cubase disabling Kronos input port in the configuration menu. Very Happy
But I can't now record any midi data playing from my Kronos... I have to record going thru another midi keyboard, I think this plug-in interface is not finished... Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: