Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Korg Poll for KRONOS users
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your age, and do you primarily use your KRONOS in live performance, or in the studio/at home? (Please answer only if you own or use a KRONOS).
17 or younger, Live Performance
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
17 or younger, Studio or Home
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
18-25, Live Performance
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
18-25, Studio or Home
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
26-34, Live Performance
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
26-34, Studio or Home
5%
 5%  [ 11 ]
35-44, Live Performance
9%
 9%  [ 19 ]
35-44, Studio or Home
12%
 12%  [ 25 ]
45-54, Live Performance
11%
 11%  [ 24 ]
45-54, Studio or Home
21%
 21%  [ 44 ]
55 and up, Live Performance
9%
 9%  [ 20 ]
55 and up, Studio or Home
21%
 21%  [ 44 ]
Total Votes : 204

Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Poll for KRONOS users Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
Hi all,

I'm interested to find out a little about how old our users are, and how people use our instruments. If you can take a moment to answer this poll, it would be really helpful for our future development. Thank you!

Keep in mind Dann, the poll might say more about the forum users, then about the typical Krog Kronos user... I dont think most younger people are avid forum users, sure they browse them to find information, but often are not part of the communities...
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahutnick wrote:
I remember the days when a sampler with 8MB of RAM was considered state of the art!

lol.... My First AKAI had 1MB of RAM which you could upgrade to 2MB if you were super rich. Next to owning a KORG M1 at the time, it has been one of those points in life I will never forget.

Thought I was living in the future back then. Crazy to think we are now Streaming massive libraries on the KRONOS and I still need more RAM.

Come to think of it, in all my years playing keyboards, RAM was always the one thing I wanted more of, always. Even now.

Regards
Sharp.
musicman2011

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

63 , initially purchased the X73 for live work, its not THAT heavy for an old man to lug around, but have some concerns about roadability with internal components and boot up failures here on the forum.I bring a UPS so the power dip wasnt a concern,.

I may bite the bullet and start bringing it back out on gigs, since I have the Korg extra year warranty
Ottawa58

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Poll Reply with quote

This is interesting information, but should not be taken to be statistically valid. The number of responses compared to users means a low precision (the confidence + or - is pretty wide), and like all internet based polls there is an automatic bias built in. And as mentioned, it could be that older users over 55 (like me) had more time to answer.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Poll Reply with quote

Ottawa58 wrote:
This is interesting information, but should not be taken to be statistically valid. The number of responses compared to users means a low precision (the confidence + or - is pretty wide), and like all internet based polls there is an automatic bias built in. And as mentioned, it could be that older users over 55 (like me) had more time to answer.

Internet use is widespread among all age groups.

its possible that us +55 types have more disposable income.

I would think many Kronos owners are in the habit of visiting this forum daily. But I can understand where many people don't have the time for a ' free ' survey.

interesting survey. Maybe its too early early to draw too many conclusions.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psionic311 wrote:
SanderXpander wrote:
I'm shocked to find I'm the youngest live performer (so far)!

Yeah, what's wrong with you!? You should be using a laptop connected via USB to Novation and Akai loop-making mini-devices for live EDM. Why are you using old-school bread and butter sounds performed using old-school musical chops? Whassa matta you?

Wink

Kidding aside, it just goes to show how talented and accomplished you are!

I use those too :p
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the ages I have to wonder what the future of workstations are. I can see why these new boards and such are built like they are for the kids and bedroom beat producers.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I know a whole bunch of live performers using Kronos that are younger than me. They're just not on the forum. At least four in my "circle" alone. Probably more if I asked around.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 60. I use my Kronos 73 for live and my home studio. I don't have any purchased sound libraries for it yet. I guess I haven't found the need. If I want a specific sound, I just tweak until I've got it and since most of my playing is original songs, I can make it work. Generally it's the only keyboard that I take to gigs although I have one this saturday where I'll be bringing my old Roland U-20. I have to carry it down a treacherous "goat path" and it's just a lot lighter.

I also think the poll should have had the "gig and studio" option. I voted in the 55+ studio section but I also take it to rehearsals as well.

I don't get onto the Forum to post as often as I used to but I'm here almost every day.
Hope that helps!
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
timg11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first thought the survey needed a choice for live, home, and studio. Since nobody would play live only, I'm interpreting the live option to mean all three.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Poll for KRONOS users Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
Hi all,

I'm interested to find out a little about how old our users are, and how people use our instruments. If you can take a moment to answer this poll, it would be really helpful for our future development. Thank you!

Keep in mind Dann, the poll might say more about the forum users, then about the typical Krog Kronos user... I dont think most younger people are avid forum users, sure they browse them to find information, but often are not part of the communities...

Yes - that's one of the reasons that I'm running multiple polls.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timg11 wrote:
I first thought the survey needed a choice for live, home, and studio. Since nobody would play live only, I'm interpreting the live option to mean all three.

To clarify, the question asks about the primary use of the instrument. For example, if someone plays regularly with a band and also practices for that band at home, the primary use would be "Live Performance."

Personally, I mostly use my Kronos in my home studio, but also play live occasionally - so my answer would be "Studio or Home."
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just donated my Kurzweil K2600xs to the local School of Rock, then spun up a studio with a Kronos II and Voyager XL, a couple of Moogers, Event Opal Monitors and at the end of Aug, ordering your ArpO

We notice the KII is setup for internet access, yet the board wasn't completed. I saw a video on how to do it, but don't have the time and wish you folks would have completed it, i would have paid extra for it to have been completed.

Personally, I'm HOOKED, Korg has a new friend.

Only request. When you have folks like Marco Parisi do marketing like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGKiVHVCHVc. Please have the sound engineers add his solo samples aka, the Lenny Kravits cover lead to the keyboard samples, that was INSANE!!!
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was 28 when I purchased my Kronos, and I've had it coming up to four years - that means that I've owned a Kronos for more than 10% of my life!
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooked On Sonics wrote:
Just donated my Kurzweil K2600xs to the local School of Rock, then spun up a studio with a Kronos II and Voyager XL, a couple of Moogers, Event Opal Monitors and at the end of Aug, ordering your ArpO

We notice the KII is setup for internet access, yet the board wasn't completed. I saw a video on how to do it, but don't have the time and wish you folks would have completed it, i would have paid extra for it to have been completed.

Personally, I'm HOOKED, Korg has a new friend.

Only request. When you have folks like Marco Parisi do marketing like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGKiVHVCHVc. Please have the sound engineers add his solo samples aka, the Lenny Kravits cover lead to the keyboard samples, that was INSANE!!!

There is no "internet access" on the Kronos nor is it set up for that. There is an ethernet/ftp link to your computer that can be made to work with most standard USB/ethernet adapters. Is that what you mean?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: