Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 - tipps and tricks for playing the beast
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As everyone notice when you sample from the audio in the audio get a hiss recorded, I think is the same you hear with the headphone. I found those frequency, 2KHz, 4KHz and 12Khz. If you have an EQ that let you isolate frequency you can hear the distinct hiss and you won't hear clear if you're at 11.9KHz for example.

Another tip about Audio In, the Edit knob is a Gain Input. You can push to add distortion and lower the Level knob.

The Electribe Filter is the same as the IFX Filter, in the IFX Filter the Resonance is fixed around 85ish. It's nice to boost low end with an IFX High Pass Filter.

The MFX Filter are a bit different to my hear, it seem the Resonance band is wider, not higher like the Electribe Filter but it seem to add a slightly saturation. I personally found the Electribe Filter good to pick up harmonics instead the MFX Filter for cutting frequency and a bit of colour, used as bus and then resample.

The Band Plus Filter MFX/IFX and Talk Filter IFX keep the dry signal and it add a narrow band pass filter, they're good filter to add harmonics. The Band Plus Filter MFX pass through 100hz-10Khz ish. The Band Plus Filter IFX has a higher fixed resonance and pass through all the frequency. The Talk Filter IFX has a different character then the other two and pass only though 1khz-8Khz ish. At 8Khz can add a nice punch to drums. A lot of IFX react differently at 0 and 127, notice for example the Bit Reduction how it'ss different and higher reduction at 0 then at 1. I found useful sometimes because they give you an extra flavour.

If you'd like to have max velocity on a track instead of 96 you can make a layout part that you keep in your template pattern. Make your pattern 1 bar long, step edit, input every step, change the velocity to 127, in the first page of Step Edit deactivate every step, make your pattern 4 bar again so it'll copy across it. You can keep that part in a slot you remember and copy where you want full velocity. This work because you don't actually remove the note but just deactivated. Happen the same in step sequencer, if you record something melodic and you remove a step and place back it will play the same note. Note: do this before you edit a sound otherwise if you Copy Part you lose everything. Or you can copy in an empty slot and Copy Part Sound from the sound you edit.

That's an old school trick but necessary for small internal memory. With long sample,resample at +48 from the Pitch knob, once you resample it go in the Sample Edit and tune down -12 so you don't have to tune with the Pitch knob everytime. You can experiment with 2 octave but I found 1 octave not distractive and you can safe a lot of space. I did before with 8 loops of 4/6 bar longs, from 77sec I had 105sec.

It's possible to load 32khz and lower or 8 bit samples, they take less space and especially for drums 32khz sounds better in my opinion. If you open the factory sample file you'll notice a lot of the drums are 32khz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: