Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Creator by Chicken Systems - is it worth it?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john.jackson1982

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Korg Creator by Chicken Systems - is it worth it? Reply with quote

Hi,

I think the Translator 6 by Chicken Systems is really expensive for so many file conversion option that I actually dont need. I only need to be able to convert the samples to my Korg Kronos. So I am looking at this Korg Creator by Chicken Systems (http://www.chickensys.com/products2/korgcreator/index.html). Did anyone test it? Does it work well? I am mainly interested in converting my Logic EXS24 Files to a Sample file readable by the Kronos. I have this amazing EXS24 Rhodes Samples by Premier Sound Factory which I think are by far the best you can actually get at the moment and I would love to use them on my Kronos. Looking forward to your replies.
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will looking at it soon and will report back.
ahutnick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to keep in mind when you try to translate other formats into the Kronos is that an HD 1 program can have only 2 oscillators so if your EXs24 library has many layers one program may turn into multiple programs to compensate for this when using any Translation software and velocity response may well need to be adjusted among other things.
AdDeRoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it does what it claims it does, for 40 USD you can't go very wrong....

Current gear : Korg Kronos 88 (SN 0979) / Nektar LX88+ / Korg PA2X / Kurzweil K2500R / Korg Nanopad2 / Neo Ventilator / Akai EWI USB / Cantabile / Reaper / Cakewalk / Reason / way too many VST's
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment Creator is available at a special price - But it's only a BETA! Full version expected mid August.

Several parts of the program are not working... I've just loaded a full PCG file so I can edit some programs, but I don't seem to have access to the User Banks (U-AA to U-GG)... Frantically reading the User Guide - or maybe access to User Banks is not yet available? There's no mention of which Kronos OS it's designed for... certainly not V3.0.3.

Not a good start.

EDIT - Complete waste of time and money. Nothing of any worth actually works to any degree. Error pop-ups even refer to the Yamaha Motif!

This is the text from the opening screen:

The following features are known not to work at this time:

- Saving Documents
- Autosampler (which will be disabled for the entirety of the testing period)
- Any Editors for each of the lists
- Combis are not supported

"Any Editors for each of the lists" - which, as it stands, makes the whole program pointless!
ahutnick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all fairness it is listed as a beta. If it was being advertised as a full release then that would be another story. Did you try contacting them? FWIW Motif Creator works great and if Korg Creator ends up working as well as the Motif version then it would be well worth it. I would wait for the full release before passing judgement as to how well it works.
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahutnick wrote:
In all fairness it is listed as a beta.

I'm well aware of the fact that it's a Beta... I was pulled in by their web page stating:

IMPORTANT: Be aware that this software is in the beta-test phase, but it far enough along to be released to the public for sale.

But the truth of the matter is that it isn't "far enough along" even for a Beta release - The statement is completely misleading, all you can do is play samples from your associated PCG file.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have this programs, Translator and Creator,s

It,s Working YES, But the packaging sending is so bad, It would be better for Downloads, With some kind of dongel etc, Waiting 3 month for a CD/DVD is nothing for me anymore.
And the company is not helpfull either.
It,s upp to you , order a new one they say, when you do not get you,r DVD!
BAD SERVICE great Tool, But now there is many other and better tool for kronos .

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Sweat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:

BAD SERVICE great Tool, But now there is many other and better tool for kronos .

I agree postal delivery service can be faulty. I suppose requiring a physical disk reduces piracy.

However the software claims to efficiently transfer sample libraries from many other formats. What are you comparing it to when you say, "many other and better tool for kronos" ?

When this thread discussion began, Korg Creator was in beta, but is now fully developed. So I am considering purchase.

In addition to transferring existing libraries, I also need the tool for sampling some of my old keyboards. Has anyone used the Korg Creator Autosampler who can compare it to Sample Robot or ESC?
rpowell01

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only complaint with it is CS is its misleading because from their website it reads "allowing you full access to pretty much EVERY professional instrument known to man (e.g. Kontakt, EXS24, Structure, SFZ, Reason, others)." This is very untrue as the creator does not convert MANY formats because they are locked. CS shouldnt be writing on theur website "Imports Any Format" as that is misleading.
janrhansen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But isn't this true for any of the tools for converting/autosampling ?
Most serious hardware and software samplers uses encrypted sample formats for their own and third party libraries so they can't convert these libraries without infringing on the copyrights of the firm selling the library, even if they very possible could figure out the encryption keys.

But after I myself have tried doing some sampling direct on the Kronos wich isn't easy at all, and I still miss an autoloop function wich I havn't found out yet if the Kronos even have this feature wich is a great disapointment if it doesn't, I am very interested in purchasing propably ESC or Samplerobot, but I am still not sure wich of these tools is easiest to work with.

What do you guys think is the best autosampler software to use with the Kronos ?

I am primarily looking for the autosampler tool for easy sampling of sounds from older synths/romplers and eg making a HD1 sound of some of the vst's I have been using with my daw
johnlucas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpowell01 wrote:
My only complaint with it is CS is its misleading because from their website it reads "allowing you full access to pretty much EVERY professional instrument known to man (e.g. Kontakt, EXS24, Structure, SFZ, Reason, others)." This is very untrue as the creator does not convert MANY formats because they are locked. CS shouldnt be writing on theur website "Imports Any Format" as that is misleading.

I second that. I had a very bad experience with this company/tool when I owned a triton extreme. And the support service is really bad.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asena wrote:

If someone has Translator, what is the advantage of having Creator as well?
BlackForest

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have the Translator, only the Korg Creator, 64bit version.

I find it a pretty "odd" programmed, the workflow is so-so...and not 100% bug free, even though their support was quite swift, trying to help.

So, not sure if this helps you any further.

Scott wrote:
Asena wrote:

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
dshore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackForest wrote:
I don't have the Translator, only the Korg Creator, 64bit version.

I find it a pretty "odd" programmed, the workflow is so-so...and not 100% bug free, even though their support was quite swift, trying to help.

So, not sure if this helps you any further.

Scott wrote:
Asena wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. Was looking at Korg Creator for my TEX but don't think $80 plus time to learn it is worth "so-so" workflow and some bugs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: