Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot import midi file

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mkay

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:10 am    Post subject: Cannot import midi file Reply with quote

My pa3x is hooked up to my iMac using USB, I recorded a style using midi ch 9.10.11... Etc. I made markers cv1, cv2 ... Etc. everything plays fine in logic , after exporting the midi file as 0 format, I open new style & import the midi file, nothing happens , no notes ?
Any suggestions?
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you follow Korg's naming format...?

i1cv1 as oppose to I1cv1...etc?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m27Qt3xiVY8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDL4IYWnO-M

Also if you're using Logic, a lot of people have reported problems with "Markers" when importing midi files as well.

Mkay

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply,

I did name the styles exactly Korg's format, I even tried Cubase 8 & the same thing accured, I came to feel that there's a problem in my pa3x, cause there's other issues like the clock & global , I save my global set & when I reboot my global set is not there & the clock goes to 2007!!!
I contacted Korg to get a new battery & its on it's way ..
Any other suggestions ?
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be on the safe side, import a factory style into your DAW and compare .... . Better yet, export the same factory midi file (you just imported in your DAW) and see if you can import that one back into the keyboard.

Don't remember if I've seen any complaints from Cubase users but definitely a lot of threads on importing a midi file with markers from Logic users.

MayoVox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:39 pm    Post subject: MIDi file can't load via USB Reply with quote

Guys

I seem to have the similar issue. When I put the USB - media - USB - the file doesn't really appear, or it appears, but without the MIDI logo?

I try to copy and -push it somehow in the HD on Korg PA3X..simply doesn't work.

I was working on a MIDI file to use it for personalized styles

Any suggestions?
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you are not trying to use "Load". Midi files can only be "Copied" or Played. To Play you just navigate to the file via the Song Name on the main page in SongPlay Mode - you do not Load it.
manouchehrmail

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject: Same Problem here on PA4X Musikant Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I know the precedure of creating styles with a DAW fairly well. I had done it with Pro Tools with my older PA2X. Everything worked just fine as shown in these nice tutorial videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH8_-x2jf4k&list=PLzxrj52tOU9uAjkYXF2S46x3dr44_YrtE

Now I have a PA4X Musikant with OS Version 3.1.0 Mus (Jul 8 2019)
I have read through this post and I did the following as Sam CA suggested:

1- I export an existing style "Basic Rock" to a midi file on my USB stick.
2- I go to record a nes style mode and I import the the same file from my USB stick and everything seems to work. So far so good.
3- I import the same file from my USB stick into my DAW, I only make a little changes in note on i1cv1 and I export the changes into a new files. One with MIDI format 0 and the other file with MIDI format 1.
4- I try to import the MIDI format 0 file in recored new style mode and nothing works.
5- I do the same thing with MIDI format 1 file and nothing works either.

I tried the same thing also with other DAWs like "Cakewalk by BandLab" and it did not function either.

In Ableton live, I can't even import the original exported file from PA4X into the DAW. I mean the "Basic Rock.MID". So disappointed from this DAW in this case.

I appreciate it if you would share your ideas.
Best Regards,
Manou
manouchehrmail

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:06 pm    Post subject: Found my problem Reply with quote

Sorry !!!
My own mistake. When I import the midi file into DAW (Pro Tools in this case) it looses the midi channel assignements. So after assigning the correct channel to the correct track and then exporting thsi session into a new midi firnat 0 file and importing it into the PA4X Musikant, it works fine.

I am still very mad at Ableton live. I can actually import the Style as a Midi file into Ableton but it shows me everything in one track which is not usable.
I am extremely disappointed.
The Pro Tools form othe hand can import and export everything properly but the DAW itself is not easy to use. Many obvious things and shortcuts are not working in an intuitive way. Really bad experience.

I am trying to learn FL Studio now. I know peaple have used it for making and editing the styles. It seems easier to use than Pro Tools.

Happy Keyboard playing...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: