Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Synching sq1 to cubase artist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firebird bass

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Synching sq1 to cubase artist Reply with quote

I'm trying to synch an SQ 1 to Cubase Artist, using Midi across a USB link.According to the two manuals, Cubase will act as the Master and the SQ1 as the slave so that it responds to stop, start and tempo commends from Cubase. Cubase can see the SQ1as a connected Midi device, but the Sq1 does not respond to commands. I suspect that it's something to do with Midi channel settings but after much trial and error I still can't sort it. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks
Firebird bass

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record, I managed to sort this problem eventually so thought I'd share the solution.

The problem lay in the fact that the SQ1 will not respond to MIDI clock and transmit CV/gate signals at the same time. I'd have thought that was a fairly basic requirement but Korg seemed to disagree - I did my research on the SQ1 before I bought it and nowhere did I finds that important nugget of info.

The solution was to send MIDI from Cubase to a Volca bass, which then converts the MIDI timing to a pulse signal that the SQ! can understand when it arrives at the SQ1's 'synch in' socket. The SQ1 reads the pulse and transmits CV/gate, via USB, at the same time. Everything locks together and the synching is bang on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: