Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chord Sequencer - Chord Midi Channel in MIDI in Controls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bnyrj

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject: Chord Sequencer - Chord Midi Channel in MIDI in Controls Reply with quote

Hi,

I know PA900 cannot save the chord progression

This is what manual says>>>

"The Chord Sequence will remain in memory up until you record
a new Chord Sequence, or you turn the Pa900 off."

Its really unfortunate.

I saw in the manual PA900 can receive data into any of the 16 Midi channels and if we set that particular channel as Chord 1 or 2 midi channel, Notes entering these channels on the MIDI IN or USB Device port, are sent to the Arranger

So I am thinking how can we use this setting and a midi data (either as midi file or the same data played from an external sequencer let say from a phone or tablet connected to PA900) to play a style in PA900 following the midi chord progression. This way we can use a chord progression and let paly with different styles.

I am basically looking for an option to let the keyboard play a given chord progression. If we record a midi song with it will play the midi song and we dont get an option to play that song with different styles.

Possible ideas are:-

1) a software update for PA900 to include the functionality of using midi file as chord progression to play the arranger. So instead of our finger playing the chords, keyboard can get the chord data from the midi file.

An update for PA900 is almost impossible as Korg has discontinued it.

2) Having an android/IOS app to be used in a phone or tablet. In that you can enter the chord progression like |C|F|G|C|.... and connect the phone or tablet to PA900 to get midi data from the that app.

This is very much possible as it needs only few controls and parameters. Let say it needs a page to write chords, a dropdown to set time signature and field to set tempo.

I know its not that easy as I wrote above, but its possible with currently know technologies.

I would like to hear from the users of PA900 about the idea I said and would like to know if there is any work around already there to make this happen. The second idea I said is possible with a computer connected to PA900. I prefer phone or tab considering the easiness and mobility.

I really dont want to buy a new keyboard for chord sequencer saving option when I have Korg PA900
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: