Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Editor - read files from USB drive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhjdhj

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Kronos Editor - read files from USB drive Reply with quote

I'm trying to find some old programs for my Kronos --- I have a lot of USB drives with such things.
I was hoping to be able to load the contents of a USB drive into the Kronos software editor so that I could look for stuff more efficiently than actually searching using the Kronos itself.
Doesn't seem to be possible with 2.1 but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to trick it.
Otherwise this would seem like a pretty useful feature to have in the editor.

Thanks
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What might help a bit is loading your PCG files in PCG Tools. Than you can search for patches (but only per file). Maybe an idea through search through all (opened) PCG files.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dhjdhj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea --- I have VMWare Fusion so that should work.

Thanks for suggestion (and for making that program available)
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhjdhj wrote:
Great idea --- I have VMWare Fusion so that should work.

Thanks for suggestion (and for making that program available)

You're welcome ... and you made me think about using some features involving ALL open files (like searching, but maybe others too, like comparing, making lists etc).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KorganizR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Perhaps you'd find PCGrid to be a helpful utility as well.
PCGrid is a small utility which lets you open a number of PCG files at once, and then do a search on any patches across all opened PCG files.
I first developed PCGrid for Windows. However, the latest version of this utility was written in Java, so you should be able to run it on Windows, Linux or Mac as long as the Java runtime is installed.

You can find PCGrid here:
http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?p=111079#post111079

PCGrid also has some other features like comparing two banks (also across PCG files) and export to CSV.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
KorganizR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: