Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding a Sub woofer to your Monitors ( for Kronos)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich Z

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two small subs over in my "music room" that my Kurzweil runs through and you really can hear a difference when you unplug them. So I think it would be worthwhile to get one for your own setup. Even a small inexpensive one should make a noticeable difference if the crossover is set up correctly.
ryanhrimmer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject: subwoofer adding Reply with quote

A subwoofer can do wonders to fill out the sound of small speakers in a home studio situation. They can also be especially useful for mixing, mastering, and video post-production work by extending the range of your system to reveal ultra-low frequencies that most monitors can’t reproduce. However, unless it’s calibrated to provide the right amount of bass in a particular range of frequencies, adding a subwoofer can actually do more harm than good to your music by throwing off the accuracy of your system with too much low-end.

A cranked subwoofer filling the room with bass can make your music sound instantly more satisfying, but monitoring with an exaggerated amount of low-end can seriously distort your perspective when recording, mixing, and mastering.

Because everything automatically sounds full, it won’t seem like you need to add much low-frequency content to your tracks—but when you play the finished product on a typical stereo, in a car, with earbuds, or through laptop or phone speakers, all that missing low-end will reveal a thin, weak, and harsh-sounding version of your mix. i recommended you best source of subwoofer adding and building

ryanhrimmer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

subwoofer
trancedelicbluesman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for me I am using a humble set of logitech computer speakers connected to the headphone jack. Volume is controlled by a mouse type thingy that has a separate slider just for the sub.

The sound is warm and satisfying but I also use a pair of audio technica headphones for greater clarity, detail, and accuracy.

It's a cheap and cheerful setup that I am more than happy with.
tenohtwo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good pair of 8" monitors really won't even need a sub, in my opinion. In the past, I have used the JBL LSR series (305 and 308, with the 310 sub). The 305s definitely benefitted from using the sub, but the 308s kicked out plenty of low end on their own. I'm currently using the Adam T8V monitors with the Kronos, and they sound just as well-rounded as the JBL 308s.

Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Adding a Sub woofer to your Monitors ( for Kronos) Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
In addition to my Event 8 Studio monitors I have a 12" Cervin Vega powered sub.

I use the Kronos 1/2 audio out to the sub.

I am able to reduce the low frequency on my Event 8's, since the sub can easily handle bass and sub bass.

Since this speaker combination sounds nice and full, thought I would suggest it here.

anyone else using a sub to bring out the best in their Kronos ?

Hi Greg, I also use a Sub Yamaha HS10W in my setup. Is too big for my space so I only use it at 9 o'clock volume knob level and sometimes I set it off. It is important to complete frequencies below 100 hz and to avoid exaggeration with low frequencies in the mix-master. The most important think is a best position and phase to have the correct sound.
davc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a couple different subs in studio ... adjusted carefully as not to screw up overall mix ... plus extra corner bass traps ..

but since I usually work later in the evening/night after others have gone to bed ... i use headphones , along with a tactile sub attached to my studio chair .. ! so i can have more bass without blowing out my ears ...!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: