Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HAMMOND LESLIE ROTARY EFFECT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vintagevictims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: HAMMOND LESLIE ROTARY EFFECT Reply with quote

HI GUYS,

what are the keyboard with best hammond sounds and best rotary effect?

thanks

vintage
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hammond XK-3c sounds pretty good to me. Very Happy

gnbutt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the former owner of a Hammond B3 and Leslie 122, then a Pro 900 Leslie, which I had for many years. Last year I purchased a Hammond SK2 and Mini-Vent for organ. This new Hammond does a pretty fine job at replicating a Leslie, adding the Mini-Vent also does a super job. It's pretty difficult to electronically match the sound of an actual rotary speaker system like a Leslie 122, but these new "clone wheel" keyboards in the marketplace sound solid. I would suggest that you try out the Nord, Korg, Roland and Yamaha (there are others too) keyboards for their organ presets or samples and find the one which you like the best. Hauling around a 400+ lb Hammond with dollies and 150 lb. Leslie (+all my other equipment) was becoming difficult as I got older. Check out some music stores in your area.
My 2 cents worth ! GNB
M3-73, Roland Fantom X8, Motif ES7, OMNISPHERE VST and my baby, an old Fender Rhodes 73. Hammond SK2 with Neo Mini-Vent for Organ, Korg Krome 61 with Vintage Synth collection + DSKrome, Killer Organ Package
Roland FA-06
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: