Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Korg Kronos Arrival in US
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: New Korg Kronos Arrival in US Reply with quote

I talked to my connection at Guitar Center in US and he said they were supposed to arrive in GC warehouse Dec. 12 but I keep hearing January from most people on the forum. Could anyone help me provide me with some info and I know some people have direct access with Korg also any input would be greatly appreciated .
scottgblood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: New Korg Kronos Arrival in US Reply with quote

benny ray wrote:
I talked to my connection at Guitar Center in US and he said they were supposed to arrive in GC warehouse Dec. 12 but I keep hearing January from most people on the forum. Could anyone help me provide me with some info and I know some people have direct access with Korg also any input would be greatly appreciated .

You have more chance of stepping in rocking horse s**t than getting a response from Korg, the only helpful person I have met from Korg is Dan on these forums, who is pretty much a god send to the community.

However here in the UK I have been told that the product will arrive in the UK in January or February at some point, I assume as per the norm the Americas and Asia will get these about a month before hand.

Let me know if you hear anything more
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those dec incoming dates posted by a few US retailers were scoffed at here. Internet imagination

Going from new keyboard launch history, nailing down exact arrival dates, at this point in time, at a retailer is unrealistic . Supply chain problems ( incoming transportation bottlenecks) is just 1 example.

History is that there are handful of units in month 1. Since demand could be quite strong, orders for month 1 arrival could go unfilled.

If you are a serious buyer, lock in your order now, get your number in line from the most reliable retailer(s) . Ask the retailer how many preorders are ahead of you.

IMO, its best to be patient.
scottgblood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
those dec incoming dates posted by a few US retailers were scoffed at here. Internet imagination

Going from new keyboard launch history, nailing down exact arrival dates, at this point in time, at a retailer is unrealistic . Supply chain problems ( incoming transportation bottlenecks) is just 1 example.

History is that there are handful of units in month 1. Since demand could be quite strong, orders for month 1 arrival could go unfilled.

If you are a serious buyer, lock in your order now, get your number in line from the most reliable retailer(s) . Ask the retailer how many preorders are ahead of you.

I am sat on my hands, constantly drueling over what everyone else has and I don't Smile
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottgblood wrote:
GregC wrote:

I am sat on my hands, constantly drueling over what everyone else has and I don't Smile

Free your hands long enough to contain the drool and maybe run a spell check.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottgblood wrote:
GregC wrote:

I guess those roland boards are easier to find/buy
Smile
scottgblood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ksynth wrote:
scottgblood wrote:
GregC wrote:

Free your hands long enough to contain the drool and maybe run a spell check.

I have much better things to do with my time than check my spelling, the human eye only reads part of a sentence anyway, so unless your an English teacher or pedantic, it doesn't matter that much Smile
ahutnick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I suspect Greg is probably right about this he as well as the rest of us can only guess when.
scottgblood

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahutnick wrote:
Although I suspect Greg is probably right about this he as well as the rest of us can only guess when.

I had quite honest and frank discussion this morning with my distributor in the UK as I was considering cancelled my fully paid up order for the K2, but he put a few things into perspective for me.

1) Korg as well as other big manufacturers tell the distributors little or nothing about when a board is going to hit the shops until there pre release allocation has left the factory.
2) Its just as frustrating for the stores when they are having to give best guess estimates out to there customers based on previous experience.
3) If you live in the UK and have pre-ordered the K2 on finance you only have 90 days to get this before the finance agreement is legally cancelled and another agreement has to be put in place by the finance company which involves another credit check
4) All them who have pre-order will be guaranteed one of the new models when they hit the shops.
5) I should stop moaning and just wait.

Although I have paid outright for my new K2, I think point 2 might sting a few people as we all make extra spends at Christmas on our Credit Cards which could be just enough to make the finance option invalid when a second credit check is done after the 90s resulting in lost sales for some shops.

Smile
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottgblood wrote:
ahutnick wrote:

I had quite honest and frank discussion this morning with my distributor in the UK as I was considering cancelled my fully paid up order for the K2, but he put a few things into perspective for me.

1) Korg as well as other big manufacturers tell the distributors little or nothing about when a board is going to hit the shops until there pre release allocation has left the factory.
2) Its just as frustrating for the stores when they are having to give best guess estimates out to there customers based on previous experience.
3) If you live in the UK and have pre-ordered the K2 on finance you only have 90 days to get this before the finance agreement is legally cancelled and another agreement has to be put in place by the finance company which involves another credit check
4) All them who have pre-order will be guaranteed one of the new models when they hit the shops.
5) I should stop moaning and just wait.

Although I have paid outright for my new K2, I think point 2 might sting a few people as we all make extra spends at Christmas on our Credit Cards which could be just enough to make the finance option invalid when a second credit check is done after the 90s resulting in lost sales for some shops.

Smile

not surprising. I mentioned patience. This is standard stuff for many electronics cos who launch new expensive models.

I agree its a financial burden to pay up front on a credit card for 90 days or greater. But here in the US, that is the decision of the retailer, to lock into a preorder. ( don't blame Korg).

In my case, my retailer, required a small upfront deposit to lock in my Kronos preorder or early order.

Bottom line, this is 1 amazing keyboard. If you can somehow afford it without sacrificing the basics, I think its worth it.
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Kronos Arrival in US Reply with quote

Korg just emailed me and said late January 2015 instead of the date that Guitar Center gave me which was Dec, 12, 2014 not much of an issue but I will patiently wait. unless I flip to Nord Stage 2 although not likely
IDborre

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: wait for it.... wait for it... Reply with quote

Hi Kronos dudes...

I'm Borre from Belgium. Ordered the new kronos a month ago, went from X order to the new one just at the right moment...

I guess the date will not vary much from the UK Delivery but it seems so far away Smile

I come from a Triton xtreme so i'll have my hands full with the kronos i guess...

Just wanted to throw that out there

cheers
scottgblood

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Arrival in US Reply with quote

benny ray wrote:
Korg just emailed me and said late January 2015 instead of the date that Guitar Center gave me which was Dec, 12, 2014 not much of an issue but I will patiently wait. unless I flip to Nord Stage 2 although not likely

This is my exact issue, I cannot see the likes of Yamaha lying down and taking a new updated board on the market without firing one out themselves and my biggest concern is that something will come along, catch my eye and I will do the typical keyboardist thing and impulse buy Sad leaving the Kronos behind.

I have a huge gripe with all the stockists that are guestimating delivery dates and then leaving customers in limbo.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Arrival in US Reply with quote

scottgblood wrote:
benny ray wrote:

This is my exact issue, I cannot see the likes of Yamaha lying down and taking a new updated board on the market without firing one out themselves and my biggest concern is that something will come along, catch my eye and I will do the typical keyboardist thing and impulse buy Sad leaving the Kronos behind.

I have a huge gripe with all the stockists that are guestimating delivery dates and then leaving customers in limbo.

what makes you think some kind of dream Yamaha keyboard will be available in January ? I consider that worrywart territory

The Kronos 2 is very tangible.
scottgblood

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Arrival in US Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
scottgblood wrote:
benny ray wrote:

what makes you think some kind of dream Yamaha keyboard will be available in January ? I consider that worrywart territory

The Kronos 2 is very tangible.

I don't think anything, I said I am concerned and not just about yammy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: