Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos has serious problem with Audio out Clipping/Distort

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miljantoto

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Kronos has serious problem with Audio out Clipping/Distort Reply with quote

Sorry danatkorg, QuiRobinez,
I appreciate your opinion and advice very much

but....

Definitely something seriously happening with Kronos. Not Internal Headroom, not the cables, not DAW. Korg Kronos definitely has some serious problem in the audio output.
The sound has a constant distortion and clipping when playing Fortissimo especially in complex chords
This problem started 7-8 months ago , just a little bit but month after month it is raised more and more.
I am not the only one with this problem. There were other users on this forum who notice that but there is no solution so far.Wait and many of you will hear it after while or you will ignore.. Smile
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos has serious problem with Audio out Clipping/Disto Reply with quote

miljantoto wrote:
Sorry danatkorg, QuiRobinez,
I appreciate your opinion and advice very much

but....

Definitely something seriously happening with Kronos. Not Internal Headroom, not the cables, not DAW. Korg Kronos definitely has some serious problem in the audio output.
The sound has a constant distortion and clipping when playing Fortissimo especially in complex chords
This problem started 7-8 months ago , just a little bit but month after month it is raised more and more.
I am not the only one with this problem. There were other users on this forum who notice that but there is no solution so far.Wait and many of you will hear it after while or you will ignore.. Smile

Sounds like a hardware problem. Contact your Korg distributor; see the link in my signature.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
pedro5
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you're using a basic sound programme(German Grand for example), without too many effects and the volumes are set to a moderate level.

Are all outputs affected and producing the same distortion ?
Which includes the main,individual outs and usb etc.

Although the following may not be of much help,but maybe worth considering.
Check the audio inputs for their settings…especially if there's nothing connected.
Turn the volume knobs down for both inputs and have the push buttons in(not the microphone).

If there is something connected,check the levels or disconnect temporarily for testing.

Another trial would be to connect an audio input and monitor its usb output to check for distortion.

You may well have a faulty unit and a service center could be the next step.

Best Wishes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: