Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two new "progressive metal" songs featuring the Kr

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightale

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:29 am    Post subject: Two new "progressive metal" songs featuring the Kr Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Since I've always had an amazing response from the community every time I posted something, I thought I would share two new songs from my band Colliding Parallels (Quebec, Canada) with you.

Link to our reverbnation page : https://www.reverbnation.com/collidingparallels

I think you will find "In the Mind of Homonculus" more interesting from a keyboard player perspective. It features some presets, some custom-made and some community-made sounds on the Kronos. The main "lead" sound is actually a slightly modified sound from Sound of Planets (man, your Protein sound pack gave me so much inspiration, like this whole new song). The history of this song is that I came up with that lead idea before a jam and then we improvised around it all night until we got it as we liked it.

The other one, A fit of Anger, is less keyboard-oriented as I do the metalcore "screams" back vocals. The song has metalcore influences, but it definitely has that progressive vibe in it. I hope you guys like it! I tried to squeeze a short solo after the interlude, but I am most definitely not as talented as some of you guys are.

Please, let me know what you guys think, I'd appreciate any constructive criticism or praises Very Happy !! Also, if you have any keyboard advice, let me know, I struggled a lot to find some ideas on "A fit of anger" (I had to write the keyboard because it had none).

Link to our reverbnation page : https://www.reverbnation.com/collidingparallels
Nightale

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what do you guys think? Really any comments are very appreciated Very Happy
Liquid_Metal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice music! I love the diversity of the songs. The guitars in A Fit of Anger are really up front and in your face, whereas In the Mind of Homunculus is a lot more ambient. I like the keys, they add a lot of depth. Not so impressed by the vocals though.

I looked up your band's facebook page and liked it with my band's page (Epic Mind).
bsbsantos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!!!

I liked the keyboard sounds and playing!

I liked the songs and quality of recording!

I think you guys have a future.
Nightale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments guys, I appreciate it! I'm glad you liked it. If you guys have any tips to improve the mix or to improve the keys specifically, let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: