Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 3.0.2 has been released!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fantastic update!

THERE'S AN OPTION FOR FAN CONTROL SETTINGS!

In the page menu of the global mode there's an option to change the fan speed and monitor system temperature. On my 2011 Kronos theres an option for auto and low - and on low the previously noisy fan is inaudible to my ears!
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the Slow fan speed makes a quite a difference.

I've just turned on the heating in the studio to see what difference that makes because the room is cold right now and on the Slow speed my KRONOS hasn't gone above 38C in the last two hours.

It will be interesting to see what it gets up to when the Studio warms to 20C.

Sharp.
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Loving it all.

The Sequencer GUI feels a lot slower though when switching between songs. I don't ever remember being able to go from one song to the next, and having enough time to press start and hear my song playing back only to find the screen hasn't even change / refreshed yet.

Regards
Sharp.

I've noticed that in a couple of places as well. I updated one of my 61s, but haven't done the X 73 yet. The 525 in the X is 1.8 vs the 1.66 in the 510, but I'm not sure that will make any significant difference.

After the upgrade, some of my complex combis no longer work correctly with SST (notes are cut off). I did find this statement below in the OP guide, so I guess the Kronos is just running out of resources with these new features.

"SST requires that the effects for both the old and new
sounds fit into the available processing power. For
factory sounds, this should almost never be a problem. In
the unlikely event that the effects don’t fit, the older
sound will be silenced, including all of its notes and
effects."
AMR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
What a fantastic update!

THERE'S AN OPTION FOR FAN CONTROL SETTINGS!

In the page menu of the global mode there's an option to change the fan speed and monitor system temperature. On my 2011 Kronos theres an option for auto and low - and on low the previously noisy fan is inaudible to my ears!

Mine is saying 72 degrees Celsius... in auto. Ambient temp of around 22 C.
Always on, for nearly three years now, I reckon.

Perhaps an upgrade with a snack heating system would be in order...
Or a SUSPEND feature, but oh, wait... its.not.a.windows.computer. Smile

Kind Regards,
AMR

Last edited by AMR on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
magikroom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Fan Reply with quote

Wow, that fan setting makes a HUGE difference...what do you think, safe to have on low all the time? Wonder if there's any guidance on temperature recommendations/warnings.
Korg Kronos 73, KingKorg, Arp Odyssey, X5DR, Roland System 1m, Juno 6, JX-3P, JX-10, MKS-50, D10, Moog Sub Phatty, Novation Bass Station 2, DSI Prophet 08, Tetra, Analogue Solutions Telemark V2 and Leipzig-S, Nord Lead A1, Dreadbox Erebus, Waldorf Pulse, NI Maschine, Komplete 9 Ultimate, Arturia SparkLe, Beatstep, Spectrasonics Omnisphere U-HE Diva (Best Soft Synth ever) + other Softsynths
KevinH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed and enjoying the new features. A big thanks to Korg for continuing to support the Kronos with such a great update!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a smooth, easy update. Have a lot of confidence in how Korg does these updates.

The string resonance for pianos is delightful.

With all the improvements, these are great days to be a Kronos owner
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Fan Reply with quote

magikroom wrote:
Wow, that fan setting makes a HUGE difference...what do you think, safe to have on low all the time? Wonder if there's any guidance on temperature recommendations/warnings.

In the new manual, it says that if the temperature of the Kronos gets too hot, the fan will automatically kick into high, no matter what you choose. So, yes, safe to have on low all the time.
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
AnyMeans wrote:
BillW wrote:
Unfortunately, smooth sound transitions are no longer working consistently in combi and set list mode with my combis. About 1/2 of the time, the sounds are being cut off abruptly. Sad

The same is happening with my Kronos X in both program and setlist modes. The smooth transition works if I advance from one patch to the next (using a foot switch). However, the sound cuts off completely if I advance patches twice (i.e., from patch 1 to 2 then 3). The first change operates as expected but the second change mutes sound every time.

Larry

That's because SST only works with a single advance. I'm having problems with sounds cutting off when I advance 1 combi - that should work.

Is anyone else having this particular SST issue (dropping after a single combi advance)? If this is a problem, I may want to hold off on upgrading for the time being.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeebustrain wrote:
BillW wrote:
AnyMeans wrote:
BillW wrote:
Unfortunately, smooth sound transitions are no longer working consistently in combi and set list mode with my combis. About 1/2 of the time, the sounds are being cut off abruptly. Sad

The same is happening with my Kronos X in both program and setlist modes. The smooth transition works if I advance from one patch to the next (using a foot switch). However, the sound cuts off completely if I advance patches twice (i.e., from patch 1 to 2 then 3). The first change operates as expected but the second change mutes sound every time.

Larry

That's because SST only works with a single advance. I'm having problems with sounds cutting off when I advance 1 combi - that should work.

Is anyone else having this particular SST issue (dropping after a single combi advance)? If this is a problem, I may want to hold off on upgrading for the time being.

You should check out my follow-up post - I suspect it's a matter of less CPU available for sounds and effects after the OS enhancements. Combis that worked fine before are now cutting off. I'm going to see if I can do something to reduce the number of effects I'm using in the combis exhibiting this behavior. This OS feels a bit sluggish - as much as I appreciate Korg for the new features, sometimes software bloat isn't a good thing. There's only so much that 1.66ghz atom can take. Sad
magikroom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Fan Reply with quote

psionic311 wrote:
magikroom wrote:

In the new manual, it says that if the temperature of the Kronos gets too hot, the fan will automatically kick into high, no matter what you choose. So, yes, safe to have on low all the time.

Nice one, thanks Smile
Korg Kronos 73, KingKorg, Arp Odyssey, X5DR, Roland System 1m, Juno 6, JX-3P, JX-10, MKS-50, D10, Moog Sub Phatty, Novation Bass Station 2, DSI Prophet 08, Tetra, Analogue Solutions Telemark V2 and Leipzig-S, Nord Lead A1, Dreadbox Erebus, Waldorf Pulse, NI Maschine, Komplete 9 Ultimate, Arturia SparkLe, Beatstep, Spectrasonics Omnisphere U-HE Diva (Best Soft Synth ever) + other Softsynths
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillW wrote:
jeebustrain wrote:
BillW wrote:
AnyMeans wrote:
BillW wrote:

Larry

You should check out my follow-up post - I suspect it's a matter of less CPU available for sounds and effects after the OS enhancements. Combis that worked fine before are now cutting off. I'm going to see if I can do something to reduce the number of effects I'm using in the combis exhibiting this behavior. This OS feels a bit sluggish - as much as I appreciate Korg for the new features, sometimes software bloat isn't a good thing. There's only so much that 1.66ghz atom can take. Sad

Thanks for the response. I tried to wade through the whole thread but must have missed it. I'll try to do some testing on Sunday after my 2 gigs this week. I've got some pretty involved combis with my band and I would hate to start having issues.

I'd be interested to hear Korg's take on this.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
johnnydr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has anyone downloaded and installed KApro’s Private Collection ?
JimH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnyMeans wrote:

I clocked the boot time for OS 2.1.2 at 2:18 (stopped the stop watch when I heard the Kronos beep). Now with 3.1 my Kronos boot time is 1:40 seconds. I did not change anytime except to update the OS. Nothing is missing that I have noticed but I have to check more thoroughly.

Larry

Yeah, I noticed this right away. Faster boot. My times are about the same as yours.
80salife

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloaded installed all work fine.. EVERYTHING...

Maybe some have the problem to install, because the USB Stick was clicked in before starting system! Please plug in after starting system then everything is allright!

I just have to say thank you KORG, that is an nearly 5 year old instrument ( I have the KRONOS without X) but i always can follow the upgrade without any restriction!

If someone can show me a product which can updatet 5 years after launch would get an 80s combination sound of my Live Set Wink

I'm looking forward to BERLIN

Live:
Korg KRONOS, Triton Extreme 88, Korg Trinity V3, Roland Integra, Yamaha TG 500, Korg DS-8, CME UF 88, MOTU Timepiece II,
Studio:
Samson Resolve, Rhode NT1, Ultimate Stands, Korg Legacy Collection,KARMA KRONOS, Extreme Sample Converter, Native Kontakt Piano Collection, OPX Pro II,Native Instruments GuitarPlugs, Wave Gold
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15

Jump to: