Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for a computer solution.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seanL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Looking for a computer solution. Reply with quote

Not sure if this is even the correct forum to ask, but it is computer related.

Is it possible (or how would one go about) sitting in ones music room, playing a song on a keyboard and streaming the sound live to someone else.

Now I know I could set up a microphone and use Skype, but what I had in mind was taking the digital signal out of say.... my Kurzweil Pc3LE7 which is going through a Focusrite Sapphire Pro 40 into my PC, then into Presonus......and taking that clean signal and streaming it 1/2 way across the world. Would this be a question to ask in the Presonus website forum?

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question. My forte' is using PC's for CAD and I finally got my home studio (somewhat) up and running...and was just wondering what the easiest way to do this would be and / or if it is at all possible. This whole DAW stuff has been a bone crushing learning curve for me so far...
M3, Radias R, Kurzweil PC3LE, EMU Proteus 1000, EMU Proteus 2000 (three of 'em) EMU Proteus 2500, , Alesis QS6, Alesis QS7.1 (2 of them, 'cause I use them as midi controllers and I prefer their keyboard action), MPK 61, love the buttons / sliders etc but not liking the action. Wavestation A/D. Core i7 PC, 32 GB ram, 500 GB SSD, Presonus Studio One 2 Pro, VST's Pianoteq, Alchemy
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good start would be to Google "online music collaboration live". There are lot of choices. I have not personally used one so I can't recommend anything. I know a few people who have used some and the biggest issue they had was latency. All ends will need good network connections.

I have heard of a service called ejamming.com but as I said, I can't recommend anything.
seanL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch, at least I have some leads...if it works out I'll report back.
M3, Radias R, Kurzweil PC3LE, EMU Proteus 1000, EMU Proteus 2000 (three of 'em) EMU Proteus 2500, , Alesis QS6, Alesis QS7.1 (2 of them, 'cause I use them as midi controllers and I prefer their keyboard action), MPK 61, love the buttons / sliders etc but not liking the action. Wavestation A/D. Core i7 PC, 32 GB ram, 500 GB SSD, Presonus Studio One 2 Pro, VST's Pianoteq, Alchemy
seanL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, messing around I found my answer.

I'm running a Kurzweil PC3LE7. I found out that when I played pandora, the signal THROUGH my PC (with no external speakers) was transmitting music over skype...... again, no camera, no mic, no speakers....

So I tried the set up with skype.....no external speakers or mic or cam...
but when I made a call and played the PC3 which is hooked up through a focusrite Sapphire Pro 40 Firewire into my PC, the person on the other end of the skype call could hear me play perfectly, "real time"

When I tried adding the software synths to the signal through Presonus, none of them came through, probably an issue with how I was routing the signal, but just for the heck of it... yes, one person can play a keyboard, route the signal internally through the midi interface into a PC and have it come out crystal clear without having a microphone operating externally an using speakers...

So yea, the person heard me play "live" 8000 miles away. Not bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: