Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editing midi track volumes, without affecting the metronome

View previous topic :: View next topic  
roleren

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Editing midi track volumes, without affecting the metronome Reply with quote

So I want to practice in sequence mode, on a few Dream Theater solos. I use the Liquid Lead, which has way louder volume than the metronome. But the sound itself has so many effects, that to lower the volume of the sound will destroy the sound, and not make it much lower, because much of the volume in the sound comes from the effects.

I don't want to tweak the effects, I just want the lead to sound the same, but at lower volume, so I can practice with the metronome. (The master volume lowers the metronome too)

PS: I know I can put the metronome on another output, But I want to keep it on L/R, so I don't need to add another cable everytime I want to use the metronome.
roleren

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one got an answer for this ?
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on your fx routing, you can either lower the track volume or find the last IFX in the chain and use trim/gain reduction.
adamburgess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd always have the click out of a separate output. Least then I can just hit mute or pull a fader on a desk channel at any time. It's only a jack cable, after all...

If it must be LR out, could you record an actual click into a SEQ channel ? And then use whichever FX/volume you need to get it over the lead?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: