Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Waldorf Streichfett String Synthesizer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject: Waldorf Streichfett String Synthesizer Reply with quote

So I have listened to the demo on sweetwater. I really like what I heard. I would like to try and create some of these sounds on the Kronos would some one please give me a direction on where or what to start with? Not asking for anyone to do this for me all part of the learning just curious with what is available in the kronos where I might get a start.

Also has anyone played with one of these are they as nice in person as what I have heard in some of the demos?
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Waldorf Streichfett String Synthesizer Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
So I have listened to the demo on sweetwater. I really like what I heard. I would like to try and create some of these sounds on the Kronos would some one please give me a direction on where or what to start with?

Although I've not tried one, as far as I'm aware the Streichfett uses a wavetable for the String, brass, organ and choir voices, so maybe you can start with a Wave Seq using some similar samples from the Kronos' ROM (just use basic synth tone samples, not "orchestral" ones).

I tend not to use the Polysix ensemble effect for my vintage string patches - instead, I use the Multiband Mod Delay, but set it up using 3 cells, each one modulated by a different LFO (Cmn1, Cmn2 & Indiv), although this tends to give more of an ARP Omni chorus.

It can be a complex issue, as different vintage stringers used different chorus blocks to get their final ensemble effect, being a bit of a geeky synth DIY builder, this sort of thing fascinates me.

I can go into it far more deeply if you like, but I've always been very happy with vintage string patches I've made with the Kronos, which Is why I've not bought the Streichfett. I'll see what I can do to emulate it as much as possible, I can't see it being particularly difficult as everything you need is available on the Kronos Wink
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I can usually get the basic sounds I want but this seems to be possible but I appreciate the guidance. I was hitting a wall and not really getting there. Funny thing is I really like the tone of that little box and even though I am certain there is a way to get it on the Kronos when I travel sometimes lighter is better and this little box and the QuNexus would be a nice travel sized kit, and a minataur.
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Broadwave has some nice ideas to get the sound, which I'll try myself sometime Smile

I have GForce VSM for my string machine fix in the studio, but need to replicate some sounds for live use (unless I take out a PC with VSM on).

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: